2018 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 33 - Corporations, Partnerships and Associations
CHAPTER 5 - OFFICE AND AGENT
Section 33-5-102. Change of registered office or registered agent.
(a) A corporation may change its registered office or registered agent by delivering to the Secretary of State for filing a statement of change that sets forth:
(1) the name of the corporation;
(2) the street address of its current registered office;
(3) if the current registered office is to be changed, the street address of the new registered office;
(4) the name of its current registered agent;
(5) if the current registered agent is to be changed, the name of the new registered agent and the new agent's written consent (either on the statement or attached to it) to the appointment; and
(6) that after the change or changes are made, the street addresses of its registered office and the business office of its registered agent will be identical.
(b) If a registered agent changes the street address of his business office, he may change the street address of the registered office of any corporation for which he is the registered agent by notifying the corporation in writing of the change and signing (either manually or in facsimile) and delivering to the Secretary of State for filing a statement that complies with the requirements of subsection (a) and recites that the corporation has been notified of the change.
HISTORY: Derived from 1976 Code Section 33-5-50 [1962 Code Section 12-13.5; 1962 (52) 1996; 1963 (53) 327; 1981 Act No. 146, Section 2; Repealed, 1988 Act No. 444, Section 2]; 1988 Act No. 444, Section 2.