2018 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 27 - Property and Conveyances
CHAPTER 40 - RESIDENTIAL LANDLORD AND TENANT ACT
ARTICLE 1 General Provisions and Definitions
- Section 27-40-10. Short title.
- Section 27-40-20. Purposes; rules of construction.
- Section 27-40-30. Supplementary rules of law applicable.
- Section 27-40-40. Construction against implicit repeal.
- Section 27-40-50. Administration of remedies; enforcement.
- Section 27-40-60. Settlement of disputed claim or right.
- Section 27-40-110. Territorial application.
- Section 27-40-120. Exclusions from application of chapter.
- Section 27-40-130. Jurisdiction and service of process.
- Section 27-40-210. General definitions.
- Section 27-40-220. Obligation of good faith.
- Section 27-40-230. Unconscionability.
- Section 27-40-240. Notice.
- Section 27-40-310. Terms and conditions of rental agreement.
- Section 27-40-320. Effect of unsigned or undelivered rental agreement.
- Section 27-40-330. Prohibited provisions in rental agreements.
- Section 27-40-340. Separation of rents and obligations to maintain property forbidden.
- Section 27-40-410. Security deposits; prepaid rent.
- Section 27-40-420. Disclosure.
- Section 27-40-430. Landlord to deliver possession of dwelling unit.
- Section 27-40-440. Landlord to maintain premises.
- Section 27-40-450. Limitation of liability.
- Section 27-40-510. Tenant to maintain dwelling unit.
- Section 27-40-520. Rules and regulations.
- Section 27-40-530. Access.
- Section 27-40-540. Tenant to use and occupy.
- Section 27-40-610. Noncompliance by landlord in general.
- Section 27-40-620. Failure to deliver possession.
- Section 27-40-630. Wrongful failure to provide essential services.
- Section 27-40-640. Landlord's noncompliance as defense to action for possession or rent.
- Section 27-40-650. Fire or casualty damage.
- Section 27-40-660. Tenant's remedies for landlord's unlawful ouster or exclusion.
- Section 27-40-710. Noncompliance with rental agreement; failure to pay rent; removal of evicted tenant's personal property.
- Section 27-40-720. Noncompliance affecting health and safety.
- Section 27-40-730. Remedies for absence, nonuse, and abandonment.
- Section 27-40-740. Landlord's lien; distress proceeding.
- Section 27-40-750. Remedy after termination.
- Section 27-40-760. Recovery of possession limited.
- Section 27-40-770. Periodic tenancy; holdover remedies.
- Section 27-40-780. Landlord and tenant remedies for abuse of access.
- Section 27-40-790. Payment of rent into court.
- Section 27-40-800. Undertaking on appeal and order staying execution.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.