2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 54 - Ports and Maritime Matters
CHAPTER 3 - SOUTH CAROLINA STATE PORTS AUTHORITY
Section 54-3-1340. Oversight report; performance review surveys.
(A) The oversight report required by this article must at least contain:
(1) a performance review of each member of the board during the previous two years;
(2) a performance review of the State Ports Authority executive director; and
(3) an evaluation of the actions of the board, sufficient to allow the members of the General Assembly to better judge whether these actions serve the best interests of the citizens of South Carolina, both individual and corporate.
(B) To assist the commission in performing the performance reviews and evaluations required by this article, the commission may develop and distribute, as appropriate, an anonymous and confidential survey evaluating the board members and the executive director. At a minimum, the survey must include the following:
(1) knowledge and application of substantive port issues;
(2) the ability to perceive relevant issues;
(3) absence of influence by political considerations;
(4) absence of influence by identities of labor unions;
(5) courtesy to all persons appearing before the board;
(6) temperament and demeanor in general, preparation for hearings, and attentiveness during hearings; and
(7) any other issue the commission deems appropriate.
HISTORY: 2009 Act No. 73, Section 7, eff June 16, 2009.