2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 4 - Counties
CHAPTER 9 - COUNTY GOVERNMENT
Section 4-9-830. Powers and duties of manager.
The powers and duties of the manager shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) to serve as the chief administrative officer of the county government;
(2) to execute the policies, directives and legislative actions of the council;
(3) to direct and coordinate operational agencies and administrative activities of the county government;
(4) to prepare annual operating and capital improvement budgets for submission to the council and, in the exercise of that authority, he shall be empowered to require such reports, estimates and statistics on an annual or periodic basis as he deems necessary from all county departments and agencies for the performance of his duties in budget preparation;
(5) to supervise the expenditure of appropriated funds;
(6) to prepare annual, monthly and other reports for council on finances and administrative activities of the county;
(7) to be responsible for the administration of county personnel policies including salary and classification plans approved by council;
(8) to be responsible for employment and discharge of personnel subject to the provisions of subsection (7) of Section 4-9-30 and subject to the appropriation of funds by the council for that purpose; and
(9) to perform such other duties as may be required by the council.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 14-3772; 1975 (59) 692.