2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 4 - Counties
CHAPTER 9 - COUNTY GOVERNMENT
Section 4-9-420. Powers and duties of supervisor.
The powers and duties of the supervisor shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) to serve as the chief administrative officer of the county government;
(2) to execute the policies and legislative actions of the council;
(3) to direct and coordinate operational agencies and administrative activities of the county government;
(4) to prepare annual operating and capital improvement budgets for submission to the council;
(5) to supervise the expenditure of funds appropriated by council;
(6) to prepare annual, monthly and other reports for council on finances and administrative activities of the county;
(7) to recommend measures for adoption;
(8) to serve as presiding officer of the council, voting in case of council ties;
(9) to serve as official spokesman for the council with respect to council's policies and programs;
(10) to inspect books, accounts, records, or documents pertaining to the property, money or assets of the county;
(11) to be responsible for the administration of county personnel policies approved by the council including salary and classification plans;
(12) to be responsible for employment and discharge of personnel subject to the provisions of subsection (7) of Section 4-9-30 and subject to the appropriation of funds by the council for that purpose.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 14-3731; 1975 (59) 692.