2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 4 - Counties
CHAPTER 12 - FEE IN LIEU OF PROPERTY TAXES
Section 4-12-45. Agreements; content requirements; waiver.
(A) All agreements entered into pursuant to this chapter must include as the first portion of the document a recapitulation of the remaining contents of the document which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) the legal name of each party to the agreement;
(2) the county and street address of the project and property to be subject to the agreement;
(3) the minimum investment agreed upon;
(4) the length and term of the agreement;
(5) the assessment ratio applicable for each year of the agreement;
(6) the millage rate applicable for each year of the agreement;
(7) a schedule showing the amount of the fee and its calculation for each year of the agreement;
(8) a schedule showing the amount to be distributed annually to each of the affected taxing entities;
(9) a statement answering the following questions:
(a) Is the project to be located in a multi-county park formed pursuant to Chapter 29 of Title 4?;
(b) Is disposal of property subject to the fee allowed?;
(c) Will special source revenue bonds be issued or credits for infrastructure investment be allowed in connection with this project?;
(d) Will payment amounts be modified using a net present value calculation?; and
(e) Do replacement property provisions apply?;
(10) any other feature or aspect of the agreement which may affect the calculation of items (7) and (8) of this subsection;
(11) a description of the effect upon the schedules required by items (7) and (8) of this subsection of any feature covered by items (9) and (10) not reflected in the schedules for items (7) and (8) of this subsection;
(12) which party or parties to the agreement are responsible for updating any information contained in the summary document.
(B) The auditor shall prepare a bill for each installment of the fee according to the schedule set forth in subsection (A)(7) or as modified pursuant to subsection (A)(10), (11), or (12) and that payment must be distributed to the affected taxing entities according to the schedule in subsection (A)(8) or as modified pursuant to subsection (A)(10), (11), or (12).
(C) The county and the sponsor and sponsor affiliates may agree to waive any or all of the items described in this section.
HISTORY: 2002 Act No. 334, Section 4, eff June 24, 2002; 2003 Act No. 69, Section 3.YY.1, eff Jan. 1, 2003.
2003 Act No. 69, Section 3.YY.2, in part provides as follows:
"(i) for those projects which have been granted a two-year extension of time to complete the project and that two-year period has not expired, the sponsor may at any time during the two-year extension request an additional three years to complete the project, and (ii) the county and the sponsor may agree to waive the provisions of Section 4-12-45 under any agreement whenever executed."
Effect of Amendment
The 2003 amendment added subsection (C), relating to waiver of items described in this section, and made nonsubstantive changes in subsection (A)(9)(d).