2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 4 - Counties
CHAPTER 10 - LOCAL SALES AND USE TAX
Section 4-10-720. Definitions.
As used in this article:
(1) "Class of property" means property classified for property tax purposes as provided pursuant to Section 1, Article X of the Constitution of this State and as further permitted in Section 12-43-220. Property subject to a fee in lieu of property taxes, as defined in Chapter 12, Title 4 is not included in this definition of a class of property. All classes of property are provided a credit against property tax liability as provided in this article.
(2) "Political subdivision" means a county, or a school district located wholly or partly within a county area, or both the county and a school district so located.
(3) "Property tax" means all property tax millage imposed for operating purposes by a political subdivision.
(4) "Property tax liability" means the amount of tax due as a result of the imposition of property tax.
(5) "ORS" means the Office of Research and Statistics of the Revenue and Fiscal Affairs Office.
HISTORY: 2006 Act No. 388, Pt III, Section 1, eff January 1, 2007.
Code Commissioner's Note
At the direction of the Code Commissioner, references in this section to the offices of the former State Budget and Control Board, Office of the Governor, or other agencies, were changed to reflect the transfer of them to the Department of Administration or other entities, pursuant to the directive of the South Carolina Restructuring Act, 2014 Act No. 121, Section 5(D)(1).