2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 4 - Counties
CHAPTER 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Section 4-1-10. Division of State into counties; each county is a body politic and corporate.
- Section 4-1-20. Procedures to follow when citizens desire to relocate courthouse.
- Section 4-1-30. Courthouse shall not be relocated within eight miles of county line.
- Section 4-1-40. Authority to change name of townships; notice of change.
- Section 4-1-50. Chairmen of county boards of township commissioners may administer oaths in certain matters.
- Section 4-1-60. Population added to certain cities by annexation shall be counted in applying statutes to counties.
- Section 4-1-70. Investment of sinking funds in defense securities.
- Section 4-1-80. County officers shall be furnished office space, furniture and equipment by county.
- Section 4-1-90. Furnishing rooms for courts and public officers when courthouse unusable.
- Section 4-1-110. County funds not subject to levy.
- Section 4-1-120. Operation of county government in county without county appropriation act.
- Section 4-1-130. Fees to be paid by county.
- Section 4-1-140. Method of payment of court fees.
- Section 4-1-150. Fees charged by clerks of court and registers of deeds.
- Section 4-1-170. Joint development of industrial or business park; consent of municipality.
- Section 4-1-172. Multicounty parks to consist of contiguous counties.
- Section 4-1-175. Special source revenue bonds authorized; pledging of revenues; determination of debt limitation.
- Section 4-1-180. County employee furlough program; exemptions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.