2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 31 - Housing and Redevelopment
CHAPTER 9 - IMPROVEMENT TO LAND BY MUNICIPALITIES
Section 31-9-10. Definitions.
Whenever used in this chapter, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the context, the following terms shall be given the following meanings:
(1) "Bonds" shall include notes, bonds, refunding notes or bonds and other obligations authorized to be issued by this chapter.
(2) "Governing board" shall mean the governing body of any city.
(3) "Developer" shall mean any person, firm or partnership who enters into a loan agreement with the city whereby the developer agrees to construct, operate and maintain or procure the construction, operation and maintenance of buildings or other facilities or improvements upon land purchased with the proceeds of bonds.
(4) "City" shall mean any incorporated municipality of the State.
(5) "Loan agreement" shall mean any agreement, including without limitation, an agreement whereby the city shall lease land to a developer, made by and between a governing board and a developer by which the developer agrees to pay (and to secure if so required) the city or to any assignee thereof, the sums required to meet the payment of the principal, interest and redemption premium, if any, on any bonds.
(6) "Land" shall mean any real estate, whether improved or unimproved, located within any city which the governing board of such city proposes to acquire from the proceeds derived from the issuance of bonds after making a determination that the acquisition of such land is necessary in connection with any slum clearance or redevelopment work.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 36-451; 1974 (58) 2337.
See Editor's Note following chapter heading.