2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 15 - Civil Remedies and Procedures
CHAPTER 50 - STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT PROTECTION ACT
Section 15-50-30. Transfer agreements; disclosure statements.
Not less than three days before the date on which a payee signs a transfer agreement, the transferee shall provide to the payee a separate disclosure statement, in bold type no smaller than fourteen points, including:
(1) amounts and due dates of the structured settlement payments being transferred;
(2) aggregate amount of the payments;
(3) discounted present value of the payments being transferred, which must be identified as the "calculation of current value of the transferred structured settlement payments under federal standards for valuing annuities", and the amount of the applicable federal rate used in calculating the discounted present value;
(4) gross advance amount;
(5) itemized listing of all applicable transfer expenses, other than attorney's fees and related disbursements payable in connection with the transferee's application for approval of the transfer, and the transferee's best estimate of the amount of the fees and disbursements;
(6) net advance amount;
(7) amount of penalties or liquidated damages payable by the payee if the payee breaches the transfer agreement; and
(8) a statement that the payee has the right to cancel the transfer agreement, without penalty or further obligation, not later than the third business day after the date the agreement is signed by the payee.
HISTORY: 2002 Act No. 252, Section 1.