2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 15 - Civil Remedies and Procedures
CHAPTER 35 - JUDGMENTS AND DECREES GENERALLY
ARTICLE 1 General Provisions
- Section 15-35-160. Judgment for damages and costs against married women.
- Section 15-35-170. Judgments against unincorporated associations.
- Section 15-35-180. Enforcement of judgments.
ARTICLE 3 Judgment by Default or Confession
- Section 15-35-350. Judgment by confession; generally.
- Section 15-35-360. Judgment by confession; statement in writing and contents thereof.
- Section 15-35-370. Judgment by confession; entry of judgment.
- Section 15-35-380. Judgment by confession; execution thereon.
- Section 15-35-400. Offer of judgment; acceptance; consequences of nonacceptance; attorney's fees.
ARTICLE 5 Judgment Roll; Abstracts; Filing or Docketing
- Section 15-35-510. Clerk shall keep abstract of judgments.
- Section 15-35-520. Entries in abstract of judgments; index to judgments.
- Section 15-35-530. Judgment roll.
- Section 15-35-540. Docketing transcript with clerks of other courts; effect thereof.
ARTICLE 7 Satisfaction or Discharge
- Section 15-35-610. Payment by surety shall not discharge judgment against principal.
- Section 15-35-620. Payment by one surety shall not discharge judgment as to cosurety.
- Section 15-35-630. Discharge of bankrupts from judgments.
- Section 15-35-640. Discharge of bankrupts from judgments; notice of application.
- Section 15-35-650. Entry of cancellation on margin or index of judgment.
ARTICLE 9 Lien
- Section 15-35-810. Judgments lien on real estate continue for ten years.
- Section 15-35-820. Judgments do not constitute a lien on exempt property.
- Section 15-35-830. Payment of taxes by lienholders.
- Section 15-35-840. Attorneys as agents of judgment creditors for service of process.
- Section 15-35-850. Termination of agency for service of process.
- Section 15-35-860. Enrollment of appointments and revocations.
- Section 15-35-870. Service of process in other manner suffices.
ARTICLE 11 Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments
- Section 15-35-900. Short title.
- Section 15-35-910. Definitions.
- Section 15-35-920. Filing of foreign judgment and affidavit; docketing and indexing; effect; stay of enforcement upon filing of motion for relief or notice of defense.
- Section 15-35-930. Notice of filing; service and proof of service of notice.
- Section 15-35-940. Motion for relief from, or notice of defense to, foreign judgment; grounds; motion for enforcement; Rules of Civil Procedure applicable; burden of proving judgment entitled to full faith and credit.
- Section 15-35-950. Article does not impair judgment creditor's right to bring civil action in State to enforce judgment.
- Section 15-35-960. Inapplicability to judgments based on claims contrary to public policy.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.