2017 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 15 - Civil Remedies and Procedures
CHAPTER 32 - NONECONOMIC DAMAGE AWARDS
ARTICLE 3 Noneconomic Damage Awards
- Section 15-32-200. Citation of article.
- Section 15-32-210. Definitions.
- Section 15-32-220. Noneconomic damages limit; exceptions; annual adjustment based on Consumer Price Index.
- Section 15-32-230. Emergency medical and obstetrical care exceptions.
- Section 15-32-240. Rights under other acts.
ARTICLE 5 Punitive Damages
- Section 15-32-510. Claims for punitive damages must be prayed for in complaint; amount shall not be specifically plead.
- Section 15-32-520. Bifurcated trials; clear and convincing evidence standard; factors for liability determination; review of jury determination; multiple defendants.
- Section 15-32-530. Awards not to exceed certain limits; Revenue and Fiscal Affairs Office to calculate adjustments to maximum awards; publication in State Register.
- Section 15-32-540. Applicability of article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.