2014 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 7 - Elections
CHAPTER 17 - CANVASS OF VOTES; CERTIFICATES AND RECORDS OF RESULTS
ARTICLE 1 County Boards of Canvassers
- SECTION 7-17-10. Meeting and organization of county boards of canvassers.
- SECTION 7-17-20. Canvass of votes.
- SECTION 7-17-30. Protests and contests.
- SECTION 7-17-40. Poll lists shall accompany ballots in protests.
- SECTION 7-17-50. Hearings on protests or contests.
- SECTION 7-17-60. Right to and notice of appeal from decision of county board.
- SECTION 7-17-70. Hearing of appeals.
- SECTION 7-17-80. Statements and returns.
- SECTION 7-17-90. Duplicate statements shall be filed with clerk of county.
- SECTION 7-17-100. Separate statements of votes given for each candidate.
ARTICLE 3 Board of State Canvassers; Duties of Secretary of State
- SECTION 7-17-210. State Election Commission constitutes Board.
- SECTION 7-17-220. Meeting of Board; telecommunication or electronic communication; public access.
- SECTION 7-17-230. Power to adjourn; procedure when all certified statements have not been received.
- SECTION 7-17-240. Board shall make certified statement of all votes cast.
- SECTION 7-17-250. Board shall declare persons elected and decide contested or protested cases; appeals.
- SECTION 7-17-260. Cases decided by State Board; filing and service.
- SECTION 7-17-270. Hearing of protest or contest; procedure at hearing; notice of decision; appeals.
- SECTION 7-17-275. Petitioning Supreme Court for costs and attorney's fees associated with election protest.
- SECTION 7-17-280. Mandatory recounts.
- SECTION 7-17-290. Certificate of determination shall be delivered to Secretary of State.
- SECTION 7-17-300. Secretary of State shall record result of canvass.
- SECTION 7-17-310. Copies of determinations transmitted to persons elected and Governor.
- SECTION 7-17-320. Statements shall be printed in public newspapers.
- SECTION 7-17-330. Certain certificates of election shall be sent to Congress.
- SECTION 7-17-340. Record of elected county officers.
ARTICLE 5 Provisions Applicable to Primary Elections
- SECTION 7-17-510. Convening of county board of voter registration and elections as county boards of canvassers; canvass and certification of primary results; canvass and declaration of results by Board of State Canvassers; telecommunication or electronic communication; public access.
- SECTION 7-17-520. Protests and contests generally; filing and service.
- SECTION 7-17-530. Hearing by county executive committee.
- SECTION 7-17-540. Right to and notice of appeal from decision of county executive committee.
- SECTION 7-17-550. Hearing of appeals by state executive committee.
- SECTION 7-17-560. State executive committee to hear certain protests and contests; place of hearing; filing; notice and service.
- SECTION 7-17-570. Procedure for hearing protest or contest; notice of decision.
- SECTION 7-17-580. Appeal of protests and contests in municipal primaries.
- SECTION 7-17-590. Board of State Canvassers for Municipal Primaries.
- SECTION 7-17-600. No candidate shall be declared nominated in first primary without majority vote.
- SECTION 7-17-610. What constitutes majority vote.
- SECTION 7-17-620. Unopposed candidates declared nominees.
ARTICLE 7 Continuation of Protests
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.