2014 South Carolina Code of Laws
ARTICLE 1 Regulation by Counties and Municipalities
Title 47 - Animals, Livestock and Poultry
CHAPTER 3 - DOGS AND OTHER DOMESTIC PETS
- SECTION 47-3-10. Definitions.
- SECTION 47-3-20. Local animal care and control ordinances authorized.
- SECTION 47-3-30. Establishment of animal shelters; funding.
- SECTION 47-3-40. Impoundment or quarantine of cat or dog running at large; release to owner.
- SECTION 47-3-50. Allowing dogs or cats to run at large; penalty.
- SECTION 47-3-55. Animal shelter personnel to contact owner if known; implant of identifying microchip in adopted or redeemed dogs and cats.
- SECTION 47-3-60. Disposition of quarantined or impounded animals.
- SECTION 47-3-70. County and municipal powers not limited by article.
- SECTION 47-3-75. Transfer of domestic animal to animal shelter ten days after date owner was to pick up animal; requirements.
- SECTION 47-3-210. Keeping of sheep-killing dog prohibited.
- SECTION 47-3-220. Dog found in act of worrying or destroying sheep may be killed.
- SECTION 47-3-230. Liability of owner of sheep-killing dog for payment to owner of sheep killed or injured.
- SECTION 47-3-310. Disposal or removal of feral dogs from certain property.
- SECTION 47-3-320. Training of conservation officers to remove dogs; liability of officers.
- SECTION 47-3-410. Animal shelter defined.
- SECTION 47-3-420. Allowable methods of euthanasia.
- SECTION 47-3-430. Provision governing shelters.
- SECTION 47-3-440. Penalties; injunction.
- SECTION 47-3-450. Exceptions.
- SECTION 47-3-470. Descriptions.
- SECTION 47-3-480. Provisions for sterilization; exceptions; payment of costs; subsequent notification of sterilization for animals not sterile when acquired.
- SECTION 47-3-490. Failure to comply; remedies.
- SECTION 47-3-500. Adoption of additional policies by other entities.
- SECTION 47-3-510. Owner may register dog; fee.
- SECTION 47-3-520. Availability of registration file.
- SECTION 47-3-530. Penalties for stealing or killing identifiable dog.
- SECTION 47-3-540. Destruction of identifiable dog by animal control officer; prior notification of owner.
- SECTION 47-3-550. Promulgation of regulations.
- SECTION 47-3-610. Unlawful to taunt, torment, tease, beat, strike, or administer desensitizing drug to police dog or horse.
- SECTION 47-3-620. Unlawful to torture, mutilate, injure, disable, poison, or kill police dog or horse.
- SECTION 47-3-630. Penalties.
- SECTION 47-3-710. Definitions.
- SECTION 47-3-720. Dangerous animal not to go unconfined on premises; "unconfined" defined; exceptions.
- SECTION 47-3-730. Dangerous animal not permitted beyond premises unless safely restrained.
- SECTION 47-3-740. Owning or harboring animal for fighting or attacking humans or domestic animals prohibited; selling, breeding, buying or attempting to buy, or intent to do same, prohibited; exceptions.
- SECTION 47-3-750. Seizure and impoundment of dangerous animal.
- SECTION 47-3-760. Penalties; registration of dangerous animals.
- SECTION 47-3-770. When person is lawfully on premises; authority to use force to repel attack by dangerous animal when lawfully on premises; no liability for action taken to repel or restrain unprovoked attack of dangerous animal.
- SECTION 47-3-910. Short title.
- SECTION 47-3-920. Definitions.
- SECTION 47-3-930. Interference with use of a guide dog or service animal; misdemeanor.
- SECTION 47-3-940. Injury, disability, or death; reckless disregard; penalties.
- SECTION 47-3-950. Unauthorized control over guide dog or service animal; penalties.
- SECTION 47-3-960. Intentional injury, disability, or death; penalties.
- SECTION 47-3-970. Restitution.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.