2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
PART 1. SHORT TITLE, CONSTRUCTION, GENERAL PROVISIONS
Title 62 - South Carolina Probate Code
ARTICLE 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS, DEFINITIONS, AND PROBATE JURISDICTION OF COURT
- SECTION 62-1-100. Effective date.
- SECTION 62-1-101. Short title.
- SECTION 62-1-102. Purposes; rules of construction.
- SECTION 62-1-103. Supplementary general principles of law applicable.
- SECTION 62-1-104. Severability.
- SECTION 62-1-105. Construction against implied repeal.
- SECTION 62-1-106. Effect of fraud and evasion.
- SECTION 62-1-107. Evidence as to death or status.
- SECTION 62-1-108. Acts by holder of general power.
- SECTION 62-1-109. Duties and obligations of lawyer arising out of relationship between lawyer and person serving as a fiduciary.
- SECTION 62-1-110. Fiduciary-lawyer privilege.
- SECTION 62-1-111. Authority to award costs and expenses.
- SECTION 62-1-301. Territorial application.
- SECTION 62-1-302. Subject matter jurisdiction; concurrent jurisdiction with family court.
- SECTION 62-1-303. Venue; multiple proceedings; transfer.
- SECTION 62-1-304. South Carolina Rules of Civil Procedure govern formal proceedings.
- SECTION 62-1-305. Records and certified copies.
- SECTION 62-1-306. Jury trials.
- SECTION 62-1-307. Probate judge; powers.
- SECTION 62-1-308. Appeals.
- SECTION 62-1-309. Election and term of judges.
- SECTION 62-1-401. Notice; method and time of giving.
- SECTION 62-1-402. Notice; waiver.
- SECTION 62-1-403. Pleadings; when parties bound by others; notice.
- SECTION 62-1-500. Short title.
- SECTION 62-1-501. Definitions.
- SECTION 62-1-502. Requirement of Survival by 120 Hours; individuals, two or more beneficiaries, class members.
- SECTION 62-1-503. Requirement of survival by 120 hours under governing instruments.
- SECTION 62-1-504. Co-owners with right of survivorship; requirement of survival by 120 hours.
- SECTION 62-1-505. Right or benefit that depends on surviving the death of a decedent's killer.
- SECTION 62-1-506. Exceptions.
- SECTION 62-1-507. Evidence of death or status.
- SECTION 62-1-508. Protection of payors, bona fide purchasers, and other third parties; personal liability of recipient.
- SECTION 62-1-509. Construction.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.