2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 58 - Public Utilities, Services and Carriers
CHAPTER 5 - GAS, HEAT, WATER, SEWERAGE COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL, AND STREET RAILWAY COMPANIES
ARTICLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- SECTION 58-5-10. Definitions.
- SECTION 58-5-20. Applicability to a business not exclusively a public utility.
- SECTION 58-5-30. Exemption of public utilities owned or operated by municipalities and regional transportation authorities.
- SECTION 58-5-35. Exemption of certain public utilities and pipeline companies from regulation by Commission.
- SECTION 58-5-40. Exemption of sellers at wholesale of water or water-borne waste disposal services to municipality.
- SECTION 58-5-50. Exemption of certain term contracts from declaration of unreasonableness by Commission.
- SECTION 58-5-60. Exemption of certain rates and the like set by franchise or ordinance from declaration of unreasonableness by Commission.
ARTICLE 3. REGULATION OF RATES AND SERVICES GENERALLY
- SECTION 58-5-210. Supervision and regulation of rates and service.
- SECTION 58-5-220. Standardized system of accounts.
- SECTION 58-5-230. Examination of books and accounts.
- SECTION 58-5-240. Filing schedules of proposed rates and the like; effective date thereof.
- SECTION 58-5-250. Repealed by 1983 Act No. 138 Section 21, eff June 15, 1983.
- SECTION 58-5-260. Notice by publication of filing of new or changed schedule.
- SECTION 58-5-270. Applications and individual consumer complaints; hearings.
- SECTION 58-5-280. Repealed by 2006 Act No. 318, Section 233, eff May 24, 2006.
- SECTION 58-5-290. Correction by Commission of improper rates and the like.
- SECTION 58-5-300. All facts may be considered in making correction.
- SECTION 58-5-310. Record of proceedings; transcript of evidence.
- SECTION 58-5-320. Recision, alteration or amendment of order or decision.
- SECTION 58-5-330. Rehearing by Commission.
- SECTION 58-5-340. Court review of orders or decisions.
- SECTION 58-5-350, 58-5-360. Repealed by 2006 Act No. 387, Section 54, eff. July 1, 2006.
- SECTION 58-5-370. Charging higher water or gas rates than those fixed by Commission shall be unlawful.
- SECTION 58-5-380. Restrictions on interruption of gas service to residential customer for nonpayment of bill; exceptions.
- SECTION 58-5-390. Tap fees for installation and maintenance of fire sprinkler system; exception.
ARTICLE 4. NATURAL GAS RATE STABILIZATION ACT
- SECTION 58-5-400. Citation of article.
- SECTION 58-5-410. Election to come under article.
- SECTION 58-5-415. Duration of election; withdrawal of request to come under article.
- SECTION 58-5-420. Contents of order.
- SECTION 58-5-430. Monitoring reports; schedule and contents.
- SECTION 58-5-440. March report; additional schedules.
- SECTION 58-5-450. Review of reports; proposed tariff rate adjustments.
- SECTION 58-5-455. Rate adjustment request and implementation procedure; notice to and comments by interested parties; issuance of Initial Order; when adjustments take effect.
- SECTION 58-5-460. Petition for review of Initial Order or failure to issue order; hearing.
- SECTION 58-5-465. Final order; contents; deadline for issuance.
- SECTION 58-5-470. Review of Initial Orders; scope; rule to show cause why full rate proceeding should not be initiated.
- SECTION 58-5-480. Office of Regulatory staffing; assessments for staffing costs.
ARTICLE 5. PRESCRIBING GAS RATES IN ADVANCE OF HEARING [REPEALED]
- SECTION 58-5-510 to 58-5-560. Repealed by 1983 Act No. 138 Section 21, eff June 15, 1983.
ARTICLE 7. REGULATION OF WATER AND SEWER UTILITIES' ADEQUACY OF SERVICE
- SECTION 58-5-710. Issuance of order to provide adequate and proper service; fine or penalty; lien on property of utility.
- SECTION 58-5-720. Filing of bond of certificates of deposit prior to approval by commission of construction or other work on water or sewer system; forfeiture.
- SECTION 58-5-730. Appointment of receiver upon failure of utility to provide adequate and sufficient service.
- SECTION 58-5-740. Rights and remedies are cumulative.
- SECTION 58-5-750. Appeals.
ARTICLE 9. SOUTH CAROLINA GAS SAFETY ACT OF 1970
- SECTION 58-5-910. Short title.
- SECTION 58-5-920. Definitions.
- SECTION 58-5-930. Compliance with orders and regulations relating to federal safety standards
- SECTION 58-5-940. Assessments against gas utilities for administrative expenses and charges.
- SECTION 58-5-950. Employment of staff; legal representation.
- SECTION 58-5-960. Compliance with safety standards.
- SECTION 58-5-970. Adoption and enforcement of federal standards for pipeline facilities and transportation.
- SECTION 58-5-980. Additional minimum safety standards.
- SECTION 58-5-990. Application for rehearing; judicial review.
- SECTION 58-5-1000. Certain gas utilities shall file plans for inspection and maintenance of pipeline facilities; revision of plans.
- SECTION 58-5-1010. Records and reports of gas utilities; inspections and investigations; accident reports.
- SECTION 58-5-1020. Duties of certain gas utilities with regard to safety standards, inspection and maintenance plans and records.
- SECTION 58-5-1030. Civil penalties.
- SECTION 58-5-1040. Injunctive relief.
- SECTION 58-5-1050. Interaction with federal agencies.
- SECTION 58-5-1060. Article inapplicable to liquefied petroleum gas.
- SECTION 58-5-1070. Article inapplicable to anhydrous ammonia.
ARTICLE 11. TERMINATION OF NATURAL GAS SERVICE DUE TO NONPAYMENT
- SECTION 58-5-1110. Definitions.
- SECTION 58-5-1120. Termination procedures; contents.
- SECTION 58-5-1130. Third-party notification program.
- SECTION 58-5-1140. Disconnection when public safety emergency exists.
- SECTION 58-5-1150. Promulgation of regulations.
- SECTION 58-5-1160. Private right of action; new duty of care.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.