2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 58 - Public Utilities, Services and Carriers
CHAPTER 4 - OFFICE OF REGULATORY STAFF
SECTION 58-4-5. Definitions.
As used in this chapter:
(1) "Business with which he is associated" means a business of which the person or a member of his immediate family is a director, an officer, owner, employee, a compensated agent, or holder of stock.
(2) "Immediate family" means an individual who is:
(a) a child residing in the person's household;
(b) a spouse of the person; or
(c) an individual claimed by the person or the person's spouse as a dependent for income tax purposes.
(3) "Commission" means the Public Service Commission.
(4) "Hearing officer" means a person employed by the commission to serve as a presiding officer in an adjudicative proceeding before the commission.
(5) "Regulatory staff" means the executive director or the executive director and employees of the Office of Regulatory Staff.
(6) "Public utility" means public utility as defined in Section 58-5-10, telephone utility as defined in Section 58-9-10, government-owned telecommunications service provider as defined in Section 58-9-2610, radio common carrier as defined in Section 58-11-10, carriers governed in Chapter 13 of Title 58, railroads and railways as defined in Section 58-17-10, motor vehicle carrier as defined in Section 58-23-10, or electrical utility as defined in Section 58-27-10.
(7) "Review committee" means the State Regulation of Public Utilities Review Committee.
HISTORY: 2004 Act No. 175, Section 6, eff July 1, 2004.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.