2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 58 - Public Utilities, Services and Carriers
CHAPTER 31 - PUBLIC SERVICE AUTHORITY
ARTICLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- SECTION 58-31-10. Creation of South Carolina Public Service Authority; offices.
- SECTION 58-31-20. Board of directors; advisory board.
- SECTION 58-31-30. Powers of Authority.
- SECTION 58-31-40. Remedies upon default of obligations; appointment of receiver.
- SECTION 58-31-50. Right to and procedure for acquisition of property by Authority.
- SECTION 58-31-55. Standards for director's discharge of duties; immunity.
- SECTION 58-31-56. Conflict of interest transactions.
- SECTION 58-31-57. Suits for breach of duty.
- SECTION 58-31-60. Duties and powers of board of directors.
- SECTION 58-31-70. Use of facilities and operation of business of Authority.
- SECTION 58-31-80. Purpose of Authority; exemption from taxation; Authority shall make certain payments in lieu of taxes.
- SECTION 58-31-90. Payments in lieu of taxes to certain counties and school districts.
- SECTION 58-31-100. Payment of additional sums in lieu of taxes.
- SECTION 58-31-110. Net earnings; disposition and use thereof.
- SECTION 58-31-120. Authority shall use labor and materials from this State.
- SECTION 58-31-130. Credit and taxing power of the State and its subdivisions shall not be involved; liability for payment of securities.
- SECTION 58-31-140. State and its subdivisions shall never levy taxes or appropriate funds for project.
- SECTION 58-31-150. Amendments or repeal of chapter; effect.
- SECTION 58-31-160. Authority may construct Santee-Cooper project.
- SECTION 58-31-170. Designation of Lake Moultrie and Lake Marion.
- SECTION 58-31-180. Diversion of water from Sampit River, Penney Royal Creek and their tributaries for use in operation of generating plant.
- SECTION 58-31-190. Diversion of water from Santee River and its tributaries for use in operation of generating plant.
- SECTION 58-31-200. Joint ownership of nuclear electric generating station in Fairfield County.
- SECTION 58-31-210. Public Service Authority empowered to enter joint ownership of electric generation and transmission facilities with Central Electric Power Cooperative.
- SECTION 58-31-220. Authorization for Public Service Authority to adopt calendar year as its fiscal year.
ARTICLE 3. PROVIDING ELECTRIC SERVICE
- SECTION 58-31-310. Definitions.
- SECTION 58-31-320. Customers to whom Authority shall provide electric service.
- SECTION 58-31-330. Service area of authority.
- SECTION 58-31-340. Filing and correcting drawings; acquisition of facilities outside service area.
- SECTION 58-31-350. Acquisition of facilities within service area.
- SECTION 58-31-360. State covenant with holders of obligations of Authority.
- SECTION 58-31-370. Jurisdiction of circuit court.
- SECTION 58-31-380. Annual report of Authority as to rates.
- SECTION 58-31-390. Authority not to service new premises assigned to electric cooperative; exception.
- SECTION 58-31-400. Submission of annual budget.
- SECTION 58-31-420. Laws applicable to electric service within municipal limits not repealed or modified.
- SECTION 58-31-430. Service area to be exclusively served by Authority; reservations; agreements between suppliers.
- SECTION 58-31-440. Maintenance of existing lines; customer choice in certain circumstances.
- SECTION 58-31-450. Erosion control.
- SECTION 58-31-460. Restrictions on interruption of electric service to residential customer for nonpayment of bill; exceptions.
ARTICLE 5. TERMINATION OF ELECTRIC SERVICE DUE TO NONPAYMENT
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.