2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 58 - Public Utilities, Services and Carriers
CHAPTER 3 - PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
ARTICLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- SECTION 58-3-5. Definitions.
- SECTION 58-3-10. Continuation of Public Service Commission.
- SECTION 58-3-20. Membership; election and qualifications; Review Committee; terms; vacancies.
- SECTION 58-3-21. Repealed by 1993 Act No. 181, Section 1617(A), eff July 1, 1993.
- SECTION 58-3-22. Repealed by 1993 Act No. 181, Section 1617(A), eff July 1, 1993.
- SECTION 58-3-23. Repealed by 1993 Act No. 181, Section 1617(A), eff July 1, 1993.
- SECTION 58-3-24. General Assembly members and immediate family ineligible for election to commission.
- SECTION 58-3-25. Conflict of interest; commission members and employees.
- SECTION 58-3-26. Repealed by 2004 Act No. 175, Section 10, eff March 4, 2004.
- SECTION 58-3-30. Oaths; Code of Judicial Conduct applicable; ethics and the Administrative Procedure Act workshop.
- SECTION 58-3-40. Election of chairman; hearing officer.
- SECTION 58-3-50. Administration of oaths.
- SECTION 58-3-60. Employment of clerk, attorneys and other staff; salaries; travel authorization and approval; exception as to functions of Office of Regulatory Staff
- SECTION 58-3-70. Compensation of commission members; limitations on other employment.
- SECTION 58-3-80. Repealed by 2004 Act No. 175, Section 10, eff February 18, 2004.
- SECTION 58-3-90. Meetings of Commission; quorum.
- SECTION 58-3-95. Repealed by 2004 Act No. 175, Section 10, eff January 1, 2005.
- SECTION 58-3-100. Assessment for expenses of Commission; Commission an other-funded agency.
- SECTION 58-3-110. Advance of funds for office of Commission.
- SECTION 58-3-120. Repealed by 2004 Act No. 175, Section 10, eff January 1, 2005.
- SECTION 58-3-130. State agencies and the like shall supply records and information to Commission.
- SECTION 58-3-140. Powers to regulate public utilities.
- SECTION 58-3-142. Limitation on appearance of members of General Assembly in rate fixing proceedings.
- SECTION 58-3-145. Repealed by 2004 Act No. 175, Section 10, eff February 18, 2004.
- SECTION 58-3-150. Repealed by 2004 Act No. 175, Section 10, eff January 1, 2005.
- SECTION 58-3-160. Repealed by 2004 Act No. 175, Section 10, eff February 18, 2004.
- SECTION 58-3-170. Commission empowered to fix agreements, contracts and the like between common carriers and telephone and telegraph companies.
- SECTION 58-3-180. Promulgation of regulations to effectuate Section 58-3-170.
- SECTION 58-3-190. Reports by entities subject to commission jurisdiction; audits by Office of Regulatory Staff.
- SECTION 58-3-200. Inspections, audits and examinations.
- SECTION 58-3-210. Repealed by 2004 Act No. 175, Section 10, eff January 1, 2005.
- SECTION 58-3-220. Disposition of penalties and forfeitures for failure to comply with orders of commission.
- SECTION 58-3-225. Conduct of hearings; absence of commissioner; ejection of disruptive party; contempt; withdrawal of petition.
- SECTION 58-3-230. Unauthorized change of utility provider service; authorization; penalties; "customer" defined.
- SECTION 58-3-240. Definitions; exemption from certain regulations for certain utility services.
- SECTION 58-3-250. Final orders and decisions; contents; service on parties.
- SECTION 58-3-260. Communications between commission and parties prohibited; exempt communications; disclosure of improper communications; penalties.
- SECTION 58-3-270. Obtaining remedial relief from violation of prohibited communications; hearing before administrative law judge.
- SECTION 58-3-280. Restriction on employment of former commissioners by public utility.
ARTICLE 3. LAW ENFORCEMENT DEPARTMENT
- SECTION 58-3-310. Transportation Division Inspectors; commission and removal of inspectors.
- SECTION 58-3-320. Bond of inspectors.
- SECTION 58-3-330. Oath of inspectors.
- SECTION 58-3-340. Inspectors to possess and exercise powers and authority of constables.
- SECTION 58-3-350. Enforcement authority of inspectors.
- SECTION 58-3-360. Inspectors to insure that violators are prosecuted.
- SECTION 58-3-370. Arrest procedure.
ARTICLE 5. STATE REGULATION OF PUBLIC UTILITIES REVIEW COMMITTEE
- SECTION 58-3-510. State Regulation of Public Utilities Review Committee established.
- SECTION 58-3-520. Membership; election of chairman; meetings; nomination of candidates for Public Service Commission and Executive Director of Office of Regulatory Staff.
- SECTION 58-3-530. Powers and duties.
- SECTION 58-3-540. Expenses.
- SECTION 58-3-550. Staffing; identification of Executive Director candidates.
- SECTION 58-3-560. Election of commission members; screening and qualification of candidates.
- SECTION 58-3-570. Study of other state commission structures, responsibilities, etc; report and recommendations.
- SECTION 58-3-580. Organization of and allocation of staff to commission or Office of Regulatory Staff.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.