2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 58 - Public Utilities, Services and Carriers
CHAPTER 21 - ELECTRIC, INTERURBAN AND STREET RAILWAYS
ARTICLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- SECTION 58-21-10. Commission shall have jurisdiction over interurban railroads.
- SECTION 58-21-20. Powers of street railway corporations to produce and supply light, power and heat.
- SECTION 58-21-30. Lease of property of one electric railway company to another.
- SECTION 58-21-40. Rights and remedies of injured employees of street railways.
- SECTION 58-21-50. Penalties.
- SECTION 58-21-60. Certain statutory provisions inapplicable to lines of more than fifty miles.
ARTICLE 3. EQUIPMENT AND OPERATION
- SECTION 58-21-210. Damaged electric cars shall not be used; adequate number of cars in good condition shall be maintained.
- SECTION 58-21-220. Commission may prescribe number of cars and other matters during temporary increase in demand for transportation.
- SECTION 58-21-230. Enforcement orders of Commission.
- SECTION 58-21-240. Maintenance of tracks, structures and cars.
- SECTION 58-21-250. Electric railway companies shall affix enclosed vestibules to cars in certain months.
- SECTION 58-21-260. Interurban railways shall affix enclosed vestibules in November.
- SECTION 58-21-270. Electric street railway cars shall have fenders.
- SECTION 58-21-280. Electric street railway companies shall heat cars.
- SECTION 58-21-290. Certain interurban railways shall heat cars.
- SECTION 58-21-300. Notice of transfer points.
- SECTION 58-21-310. Electric cars shall not be delayed to check fares.
- SECTION 58-21-320. Certain employees of electric railways shall have powers of peace officers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.