2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 58 - Public Utilities, Services and Carriers
CHAPTER 13 - CARRIERS GENERALLY
ARTICLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- SECTION 58-13-10. Opening or injuring package, parcel or baggage by employee of carrier shall be unlawful.
- SECTION 58-13-20. Wilful or reckless injury to baggage by baggage master shall be unlawful.
- SECTION 58-13-30. Fraudulently evading toll or fare or riding on train that does not carry passengers shall be unlawful.
- SECTION 58-13-40. Certain provisions not applicable to water carriers.
ARTICLE 3. REQUIRED PROMPT SHIPMENTS
- SECTION 58-13-110. Time within which common carriers must transport freight requiring prompt shipment.
- SECTION 58-13-120. Penalty for failure to transport promptly.
- SECTION 58-13-130. Situation in which carrier shall not be liable for delay.
- SECTION 58-13-140. Statement as to delays shall be furnished on demand.
ARTICLE 5. LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO GOODS
- SECTION 58-13-210. Common carrier liable for loss of or injury to goods delivered for transportation notwithstanding public notice or declaration to contrary.
- SECTION 58-13-220. Carriers shall trace lost or damaged property and advise as to cause of loss or damage.
- SECTION 58-13-230. Only one penalty recoverable on same cause.
- SECTION 58-13-240. Connecting lines of common carriers defined and their liability fixed.
- SECTION 58-13-250. Liability of connecting carriers; recovery from carriers actually responsible.
- SECTION 58-13-260. Measure of damages for conversion of property by common carrier.
- SECTION 58-13-270. Carriers denying liability shall return papers connected with claim.
- SECTION 58-13-280. Other rights of claimant not affected by carrier's failure to return papers promptly.
ARTICLE 7. COLLECTION AND ADJUSTMENT OF FREIGHT CHARGES
- SECTION 58-13-410. Lien of carriers on goods or chattels for carrying charges; enforcement.
- SECTION 58-13-420. Notification of charges; delivery of freight on payment thereof.
- SECTION 58-13-430. Settlement of freight charges by common carriers.
- SECTION 58-13-440. Time and place in which freight adjustments shall be made; liability of carrier.
- SECTION 58-13-450. Returns and remittances on C. O. D. shipments.
ARTICLE 9. DISPOSITION OF UNCLAIMED OR REFUSED FREIGHT
- SECTION 58-13-610. Public sale of unclaimed or refused freight.
- SECTION 58-13-620. Perishable freight.
- SECTION 58-13-630. Livestock.
- SECTION 58-13-640. Records of sales; disposition of surplus.
ARTICLE 11. TRANSPORTATION OF EXPLOSIVE COMPOUNDS
- SECTION 58-13-710. "Explosive compound" defined.
- SECTION 58-13-720. Packing, marking and giving notice of explosive compound delivered for transportation.
- SECTION 58-13-730. Railroads and others transporting passengers shall not transport unmarked explosive compound.
- SECTION 58-13-740. Penalties.
- SECTION 58-13-750. Magistrates may issue search warrants for explosive compound.
- SECTION 58-13-760. Forfeiture of explosive compound after seizure.
- SECTION 58-13-770. Action for damages for injury caused by explosive compound.
ARTICLE 13. SPECIAL OFFICERS AND CONSTABLES
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.