2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 58 - Public Utilities, Services and Carriers
CHAPTER 12 - CABLE TELEVISION
ARTICLE 1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
ARTICLE 2. FRANCHISING BY MUNICIPALITIES AND COUNTIES
- SECTION 58-12-10. Installation of cable over or beneath public lands, highways, roads or waters.
- SECTION 58-12-20. Interference with maintenance of public lands, highways, roads or waters; damage to roads or highways.
- SECTION 58-12-30. Franchising by counties and municipalities.
- SECTION 58-12-40. Easements or rights-of-way to contain provision contemplating use by cable television companies.
- SECTION 58-12-50. Penalties for violations; persons who may bring suit.
- SECTION 58-12-60. Damage to private property.
- SECTION 58-12-70. Underground installations on private property; consent required.
- SECTION 58-12-80. Fees payable by companies receiving benefits of grandfather clauses.
- SECTION 58-12-90. Channel to be made available to Educational Television Commission.
- SECTION 58-12-100. Companies to maintain complaint service.
- SECTION 58-12-110. Televising of athletic events.
- SECTION 58-12-120. Cable television company and cable television system defined.
- SECTION 58-12-130. Fee for right-of-way usage; availability of channel to Educational Television Commission; issuance of continuing permits; enforcement.
ARTICLE 3. STATE-ISSUED CERTIFICATE OF FRANCHISE AUTHORITY
- SECTION 58-12-300. Definitions.
- SECTION 58-12-310. Application for certificate; procedure.
- SECTION 58-12-320. Predecessor and successor entities.
- SECTION 58-12-325. Transfer from county or municipality issued franchise authority to state issued franchise authority.
- SECTION 58-12-330. Payments to municipalities and counties.
- SECTION 58-12-340. Review of cable or video service provider's business records by municipality or county.
- SECTION 58-12-350. Imposition of cable system or video service network construction or cable or video service deployment build-out requirements.
- SECTION 58-12-360. Customer service requirements.
- SECTION 58-12-370. Public, educational, and governmental (PEG) access channels; utilization requirements; interconnection with incumbent cable provider.
- SECTION 58-12-380. Denial of access to service based on income in service area; filing of complaint.
- SECTION 58-12-390. Order to cure noncompliance.
- SECTION 58-12-395. County emergency preparedness and alert system responsibilities.
- SECTION 58-12-400. Applicability of Article 2; educational television.
ARTICLE 4. TELEVISION PROGRAMMING PROTECTION ACT
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.