2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 58 - Public Utilities, Services and Carriers
CHAPTER 11 - RADIO COMMON CARRIERS
ARTICLE 1. DUTIES, RESTRICTIONS, RIGHTS AND CHANGES IN RATES
- SECTION 58-11-10. Definitions.
- SECTION 58-11-20. Rates shall be just and reasonable.
- SECTION 58-11-30. Filing schedules of rates, rules and regulations.
- SECTION 58-11-40. Compensation different from that in schedule shall not be charged or received.
- SECTION 58-11-50. Unreasonable preferences and differences in rates shall not be made; reasonable classifications may be established.
- SECTION 58-11-60. Procedure for changes in rates initiated by radio common carrier.
- SECTION 58-11-70. Hearing on new schedule of rates; suspension of new rates pending such hearing; putting new rates into effect despite suspension by filing of bond.
- SECTION 58-11-80. Service shall be adequate and efficient.
- SECTION 58-11-90. Commission may permit interconnection of facilities of radio common carriers and telephone utilities; determination of compensation and terms when parties fail to agree.
- SECTION 58-11-100. Certificate of public convenience as prerequisite to construction or operation of system; applicability to commercial mobile service providers.
- SECTION 58-11-110. Carrier shall file application with Federal Communications Commission.
- SECTION 58-11-120. Extension of existing facilities.
- SECTION 58-11-130. Abandonment of service.
- SECTION 58-11-140. Sale or other disposition of property, powers, franchises or privileges.
- SECTION 58-11-150. Restrictions on capitalization for rate making purposes.
- SECTION 58-11-160. Systems of accounts.
- SECTION 58-11-170. Depreciation and retirement charges.
- SECTION 58-11-180. Transactions with affiliates.
- SECTION 58-11-190. Participation in profits from efficiency.
- SECTION 58-11-200. Annual and special reports.
- SECTION 58-11-210. Companies subject to chapter even before commencing operations.
- SECTION 58-11-220. Office in State.
- SECTION 58-11-230. Compliance with orders and regulations.
- SECTION 58-11-240. Procedure for issuance of securities by non-municipal radio common carriers.
- SECTION 58-11-250. Radio common carriers shall not permit employees to sell securities of others during employment nor require them to purchase any securities.
- SECTION 58-11-260. Revocation of certificate of authorization upon revocation of articles of incorporation.
- SECTION 58-11-270. Commission shall furnish forms and information so as to permit orderly compliance by carriers.
ARTICLE 3. POWERS OF COMMISSION
- SECTION 58-11-410. Changes of rates; factors considered in determining reasonable rates.
- SECTION 58-11-420. Orders for more reasonably adequate and efficient service.
- SECTION 58-11-430. Miscellaneous regulations.
- SECTION 58-11-440. Fixing value of carrier.
- SECTION 58-11-450. Investigations.
- SECTION 58-11-460. Reparation orders; suit to enforce order.
- SECTION 58-11-470. Commission shall not grant certificate for operation or extension into established service area unless necessary for public convenience and necessity.
- SECTION 58-11-480. Applicant for certificate for operation or extension into established service area shall notify carrier in that area.
- SECTION 58-11-490. Inspections of property; audits of records; examinations of officers and employees.
- SECTION 58-11-500. Inspection and copying of tax returns, reports and other information.
- SECTION 58-11-510. Joint investigations, hearings and orders with other state or Federal boards or commissions.
- SECTION 58-11-520. Actions to discontinue or prevent violation of law or order.
- SECTION 58-11-530. Hearing before one or more commissioners; approval and filing.
- SECTION 58-11-540. Promulgation of rules and regulations.
- SECTION 58-11-550. Rules governing pleadings, practice and procedure.
- SECTION 58-11-560. Enforcement powers generally.
- SECTION 58-11-570. Employment of technical, administrative and clerical staff.
- SECTION 58-11-580. Enumeration of powers not exclusive.
- SECTION 58-11-590. Repealed by 2006 Act No. 318, Section 233, eff May 24, 2006.
- SECTION 58-11-600. Chapter shall not affect municipalities, interstate commerce or private or cost-shared systems; certain restrictions on cost-shared systems.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.