There is a newer version of the South Carolina Code of Laws
2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 53 - Sundays, Holidays and Other Special Days
CHAPTER 1 - SUNDAYS
- SECTION 53-1-5. Provisions inapplicable after 1:30 p.m. on Sunday; rights of employees, lessees, and franchisees to refuse to work; discrimination against persons who worship on Saturday prohibited.
- SECTION 53-1-6. Failure of law enforcement officer to enforce provisions of chapter.
- SECTION 53-1-10. Permit required for holding sports and entertainment events.
- SECTION 53-1-15. Certain automobile races exempt from prohibitions of section 53-1-10.
- SECTION 53-1-20. College and university campuses exempt from prohibition on Sunday public sports and pastimes.
- SECTION 53-1-30. Amusement parks and certain fairs exempt from prohibition on Sunday public sports and pastimes.
- SECTION 53-1-40. Unlawful to work on Sunday.
- SECTION 53-1-50. Exceptions to prohibition on Sunday work.
- SECTION 53-1-60. Sale of certain items on Sunday prohibited.
- SECTION 53-1-70. Penalties for violating prohibition on Sunday work.
- SECTION 53-1-80. Sunday work declared public nuisance; injunctive relief; time off to attend church.
- SECTION 53-1-90. Prohibitions on Sunday work and sales shall not affect certain businesses.
- SECTION 53-1-100. Operation of machine shops exempt from chapter; conscientious opposition to Sunday work.
- SECTION 53-1-110. Manufacture or finishing of textile products exempt from chapter; conscientious opposition to Sunday work.
- SECTION 53-1-120. Employment of children in mercantile or manufacturing establishments on Sunday; conscientious opposition to Sunday work; "mercantile establishment" defined.
- SECTION 53-1-130. Exceptions for manufacturing plants requiring continuous operation.
- SECTION 53-1-140. Manufacturing of bakery products as requiring continuous operation.
- SECTION 53-1-150. Exemption of certain counties; rights of employees, lessees, and franchisees to refuse to work; discrimination against persons who worship on Saturday prohibited.
- SECTION 53-1-160. Suspension of Sunday work prohibitions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.