2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 47 - Animals, Livestock and Poultry
CHAPTER 1 - CRUELTY TO ANIMALS
- SECTION 47-1-10. Definitions.
- SECTION 47-1-20. Acts of agents imputed to corporations.
- SECTION 47-1-30. Repealed by 1998 Act No. 367, Section 9, eff May 27, 1998.
- SECTION 47-1-40. Ill-treatment of animals generally.
- SECTION 47-1-50. Cruel work; carriage in vehicles; penalties.
- SECTION 47-1-60. Cutting muscles of tails of horses, asses, mules, mares, or geldings prohibited.
- SECTION 47-1-70. Abandonment of animals; penalties; hunting dog exception.
- SECTION 47-1-75. Immunity from civil and criminal liability.
- SECTION 47-1-80. Destruction of abandoned infirm animal.
- SECTION 47-1-90. Overloading and length of confinement of animals in railroad cars.
- SECTION 47-1-100. Care of animals unloaded during transit.
- SECTION 47-1-110. Violations of Sections 47-1-90 and 47-1-100.
- SECTION 47-1-120. Custody of animals in charge of arrested persons.
- SECTION 47-1-125. Coloring or dying animals prohibited; sale or distribution of certain young animals prohibited; penalty.
- SECTION 47-1-130. Arrest for violation of laws prohibiting cruelty to animals.
- SECTION 47-1-140. Care of animals after arrest of person in charge.
- SECTION 47-1-150. Issuance of search warrant; purpose of section; motions regarding custody of animal; notice; care, disposal of, or return of animal.
- SECTION 47-1-160. Disposition of fines.
- SECTION 47-1-170. Penalties for violations of chapter.
- SECTION 47-1-200. Requirements for transfer of animals and importation or exportation of dog or cat; penalties for violations.
- SECTION 47-1-210. Live animals as prizes; exceptions; penalties.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.