2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 40 - Professions and Occupations
CHAPTER 18 - PRIVATE SECURITY AND INVESTIGATION AGENCIES
- SECTION 40-18-20. Definitions.
- SECTION 40-18-30. Powers and duties of South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED).
- SECTION 40-18-40. Licenses to operate security or private investigation business; transferability; surrender on termination of business or change of ownership.
- SECTION 40-18-50. Contract security business license; application; bond; renewal; qualifications of licensees; display of license; arrest of licensee; exemptions.
- SECTION 40-18-60. Proprietary security business license; applications; qualifications of licensee; display of license; renewal; inspection of employment records; exemptions.
- SECTION 40-18-70. Private Investigation License; applications; bond; renewal; display of license; qualifications of licensee; contract; reports to clients; arrest of licensee; inspections of business records; prior licensees.
- SECTION 40-18-80. Security officer registration certificates; application; qualifications of applicants; report of arrests; exemptions.
- SECTION 40-18-90. Use of temporary employees for special events; notice of use; fees.
- SECTION 40-18-100. Security Weapons Permits; Security Concealed Weapons Permits.
- SECTION 40-18-110. Authority and arrest powers of those licensed or registered under chapter.
- SECTION 40-18-120. Development of guidelines for reciprocal agreements with other states.
- SECTION 40-18-130. Denial, suspension, revocation, or refusal to renew license or registration; grounds; appeals; civil penalties.
- SECTION 40-18-140. Exceptions from application of chapter.
- SECTION 40-18-150. Violation of chapter; penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.