2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
ARTICLE 1. DIVORCES IN THIS STATE
Title 20 - Domestic Relations
CHAPTER 3 - DIVORCE
- SECTION 20-3-10. Grounds for divorce.
- SECTION 20-3-20. Effect of collusion.
- SECTION 20-3-30. Residence requirement.
- SECTION 20-3-40. Married person deemed of age.
- SECTION 20-3-50. Jurisdiction of actions for divorce.
- SECTION 20-3-60. Venue.
- SECTION 20-3-70. Service of summons on nonresident.
- SECTION 20-3-80. Required delays before reference and final decree; exceptions.
- SECTION 20-3-90. Attempt at reconciliation.
- SECTION 20-3-100. Attempt at reconciliation when one party is in armed forces overseas.
- SECTION 20-3-110. Injunctions incident to divorce suits.
- SECTION 20-3-120. Alimony and suit money.
- SECTION 20-3-125. Petition to enforce award of attorney fee.
- SECTION 20-3-130. Award of alimony and other allowances.
- SECTION 20-3-135. Spousal support obligation when marriage declared void due to fraud.
- SECTION 20-3-140. Allowance of alimony and suit money in suits for separate support and maintenance and similar actions.
- SECTION 20-3-145. Attorney fee to constitute lien; payment to estate.
- SECTION 20-3-150. Segregation of allowance between spouse and children; effect of remarriage of spouse.
- SECTION 20-3-160. Care, custody, and maintenance of children.
- SECTION 20-3-170. Modification, confirmation, or termination of alimony; retirement by supporting spouse.
- SECTION 20-3-180. Change of name after divorce or separation.
- SECTION 20-3-190. Divorced wife barred of dower.
- SECTION 20-3-200. Divorce shall not render children illegitimate.
- SECTION 20-3-210. Unlawful advertising for purpose of procuring divorce.
- SECTION 20-3-220. Unlawful advertising for purpose of procuring divorce; penalty.
- SECTION 20-3-230. Clerks of court shall file reports of divorces and annulments with Division of Vital Statistics.
- SECTION 20-3-235. Decree to set forth social security numbers or alien identification numbers of parties in divorce.
- SECTION 20-3-410. Short title.
- SECTION 20-3-420. Nonresident divorce shall be void if parties were domiciled here.
- SECTION 20-3-430. Prima facie evidence of domicile.
- SECTION 20-3-440. Construction.
- SECTION 20-3-610. Spousal equity and ownership rights.
- SECTION 20-3-620. Apportionment factors.
- SECTION 20-3-630. Marital property; nonmarital property.
- SECTION 20-3-640. Declining values of contributions.
- SECTION 20-3-650. Sequestration of property.
- SECTION 20-3-660. Court's authority to achieve equitable apportionment.
- SECTION 20-3-670. Notice of pendency of action.
- SECTION 20-3-680. Form of transcript of judgment.
- SECTION 20-3-690. Subject matter jurisdiction over contracts.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.