2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
ARTICLE 1. DEFINITIONS
Title 17 - Criminal Procedures
CHAPTER 5 - CORONERS AND MEDICAL EXAMINERS
- SECTION 17-5-10. Election of coroner.
- SECTION 17-5-20. Bond.
- SECTION 17-5-30. Official oaths; commission.
- SECTION 17-5-40. Term.
- SECTION 17-5-50. Vacancy.
- SECTION 17-5-60. Office; book of inquisitions.
- SECTION 17-5-70. Coroner's deputies, appointment and duties.
- SECTION 17-5-80. Repealed by 2007 Act No. 52, Section 6, eff June 6, 2007.
- SECTION 17-5-90. Coroner may not act under appointment of sheriff.
- SECTION 17-5-100. Coroners must carry out orders of county governing body; fees and costs.
- SECTION 17-5-110. Coroner or deputy coroner may carry pistol or other handgun.
- SECTION 17-5-115. Deputy coroners; training and law enforcement status.
- SECTION 17-5-120. Availability of medical records to coroner of another state.
- SECTION 17-5-130. Coroner qualifications; affidavits of candidates; training; exemptions; Coroners Training Advisory Committee; Expenses.
- SECTION 17-5-220. Establishment and functions of medical examiner commissions in certain counties.
- SECTION 17-5-230. Medical examiner commission shall employ medical examiner; duties; assistants; facilities.
- SECTION 17-5-240. Employment and duties of deputy medical examiners.
- SECTION 17-5-280. Records to be kept in office of medical examiner; index; copies; admissibility in evidence.
- SECTION 17-5-330. Salaries and fees; annual budget.
- SECTION 17-5-510. Duties of coroner and medical examiner.
- SECTION 17-5-520. Authority to order autopsy; request in event of child's death.
- SECTION 17-5-530. Duty to notify coroner's or medical examiner's office of certain deaths and stillbirths; inquiry; findings; notification of next-of-kin; consent for certain actions.
- SECTION 17-5-535. Persons authorized to view photographs or videos of autopsy; training use exception; penalty.
- SECTION 17-5-540. Coroner or medical examiner to notify Department of Child Fatalities of certain child deaths.
- SECTION 17-5-550. Coroner or medical examiner may petition for warrant to inspect home of child whose death occurred elsewhere.
- SECTION 17-5-555. Reporting certain deaths of vulnerable adults.
- SECTION 17-5-560. Certification of cause of death on death certificate.
- SECTION 17-5-570. Release and burial of dead bodies; preservation and disposition of unidentified dead bodies.
- SECTION 17-5-580. Authorization for removal of dead body; penalties; coroner's jury.
- SECTION 17-5-590. Disposition of remains of unidentified dead bodies.
- SECTION 17-5-600. Permit required for cremation.
- SECTION 17-5-610. Duty to notify coroner or medical examiner in certain cases when body is buried without investigation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.