2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
CHAPTER 15 - OFFENSES AGAINST MORALITY AND DECENCY
SECTION 16-15-100. Prostitution; further unlawful acts.
It shall further be unlawful to:
(1) Procure a female inmate for a house of prostitution;
(2) Cause, induce, persuade or encourage by promise, threat, violence or by any scheme or device a female to become a prostitute or to remain an inmate of a house of prostitution;
(3) Induce, persuade or encourage a female to come into or leave this State for the purpose of prostitution or to become an inmate in a house of prostitution;
(4) Receive or give or agree to receive or give any money or thing of value for procuring or attempting to procure any female to become a prostitute or an inmate in a house of prostitution;
(5) Accept or receive knowingly any money or other thing of value without consideration from a prostitute; or
(6) Aid, abet or participate knowingly in the doing of any of the acts herein prohibited.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-410; 1952 Code Section 16-410; 1942 (42) 1734.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.