2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
ARTICLE 1. DEFINITIONS
Title 12 - Taxation
CHAPTER 8 - INCOME TAX WITHHOLDING
- SECTION 12-8-510. Parties subject to withholding laws.
- SECTION 12-8-520. Incomes subject to withholding and amounts to be withheld.
- SECTION 12-8-530. Withholding on cash prizes or winnings; noncash prizes; exception for spectator sporting events where admission charged.
- SECTION 12-8-540. Withholding for rent or royalty payments to nonresident; exemptions; revocation of exemption.
- SECTION 12-8-550. Withholding for nonresident temporarily conducting business or performing personal services; exemption; revocation of exemption.
- SECTION 12-8-560. Partial or total exemptions of classes of transactions; exemption for portion of transaction not taxable in State; waiver of withholding if compliance guaranteed and certain items given to department.
- SECTION 12-8-570. Withholding by trust or estate from distribution to nonresident beneficiary; exemptions.
- SECTION 12-8-580. Withholding by buyer of real property or associated tangible personal property from nonresident seller.
- SECTION 12-8-590. Tax withholding on distributions to nonresidential shareholders of "S" corporations and nonresident partners; returns.
- SECTION 12-8-595. Withholding on wages paid to individual failing to provide taxpayer identification number or social security number; penalties against withholding agents.
- SECTION 12-8-600. Withholding from any type of payment included in state gross income not specified in chapter; agreement by payee and payor; properly executed withholding exemption certificate deemed request for withholding.
- SECTION 12-8-1010. Withholding exemptions and exemption certificates.
- SECTION 12-8-1020. Change in exemptions; decrease.
- SECTION 12-8-1030. Incorrect withholding exemption certificate; notification of department; determination of number of exemptions to be allowed; appeal by employee.
- SECTION 12-8-1040. Waiver of withholding requirements.
- SECTION 12-8-1050. Withholding on wages paid for period which is not payroll period; withholding on wages paid without regard to any period; withholding in miscellaneous payroll period.
- SECTION 12-8-1060. Estimated quarterly payments by employer of withholding.
- SECTION 12-8-1070. Manner of withholding and amount deducted and withheld determined according to rules or regulations of department.
- SECTION 12-8-1080. Agreement between department and U.S. Secretary of Treasury regarding withholding.
- SECTION 12-8-1510. Inapplicability of article's provisions to withholding.
- SECTION 12-8-1520. Withholding agents' duties to deposit and pay withholdings.
- SECTION 12-8-1530. Quarterly returns; agent to continue to file reports until certain events occur.
- SECTION 12-8-1540. Agents shall furnish statements to taxpayers and department; contents.
- SECTION 12-8-1550. Due date for statements filed with department; recapitulation and reconciliation statement; request for filing extension.
- SECTION 12-8-2010. Liability of agent failing to withhold or pay tax.
- SECTION 12-8-2020. Refund of credit for overpayment.
- SECTION 12-8-2030. Amount withheld held in trust for State; lien on property of agent for amount withheld; recording of lien.
- SECTION 12-8-2040. Quarterly return, annual reconciliation, and form filed in connection with withholding considered returns.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.