2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 12 - Taxation
CHAPTER 44 - FEE IN LIEU OF TAX SIMPLIFICATION ACT
- SECTION 12-44-10. Short title.
- SECTION 12-44-20. Legislative findings.
- SECTION 12-44-30. Definitions.
- SECTION 12-44-40. Fee agreement; economic development property to be exempt from ad valorem taxation; exemption period; inducement resolution; location of exempt property; criteria to qualify as economic development property.
- SECTION 12-44-50. Contents of fee agreement; disposal of economic development property; reduction of fee.
- SECTION 12-44-55. Agreements; content requirements.
- SECTION 12-44-60. Replacement property; qualifications and conditions.
- SECTION 12-44-70. Use of revenues.
- SECTION 12-44-80. Distribution of fee payments.
- SECTION 12-44-90. Filing of returns, contracts, and other information; due date of payments and returns.
- SECTION 12-44-100. Sponsor committed to enhanced investment to continue to benefit from this chapter despite failure to make required investment where minimum investment met; assessment ratio.
- SECTION 12-44-110. Property previously subject to state property taxes not qualified to be economic development property; exceptions.
- SECTION 12-44-120. Transfers of interest in fee agreement and economic development property; sale-leaseback arrangement; requirements.
- SECTION 12-44-130. Minimum investment to qualify for fee; notice to department of all sponsors or sponsor affiliates with investments subject to fee.
- SECTION 12-44-140. Termination of fee agreement; automatic termination; minimum level of investment required to remain qualified for fee.
- SECTION 12-44-150. Projects to be taxable property at level of negotiated payments for purposes of bonded indebtedness and for computing index of taxpaying ability.
- SECTION 12-44-160. Transfer of title; qualification for a fee in lieu of taxes.
- SECTION 12-44-170. Economic development property; transfer of property to fee arrangement provided for by this chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.