2013 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 12 - Taxation
CHAPTER 21 - STAMP AND BUSINESS LICENSE TAX
SECTION 12-21-3940. License to conduct bingo.
(A) Before conducting a game of bingo, a nonprofit organization shall file with the department a written application in a form prescribed by the department, executed and notarized which must include:
(1) the name, address, and telephone number of the applicant and sufficient facts relating to its incorporation and organization to enable the department to determine whether it is an authorized organization;
(2) a copy of the organization's corporate charter and the Internal Revenue Service's statement exempting the applicant from federal income taxes;
(3) the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the organization's officers;
(4) the place and time the applicant intends to conduct bingo under the license for which it applied;
(5) the specific purpose to which the bingo net proceeds are to be devoted;
(6) the designation of a "promoter" as defined by this article;
(7) a copy of any contract or lease between a promoter and the nonprofit organization;
(8) the name, address, telephone number, birth date, and Social Security number of each person who will work at the proposed bingo games and receive compensation for the work, the nature of the work to be performed, and a statement as to whether or not the person has been convicted within the last twenty years of a state or federal felony, gambling offense, criminal fraud, or a crime that has a sentence of two or more years;
(9) other information considered necessary by the department.
(B) Upon application for a license, the department has thirty days to approve or reject the application based on the requirements of this article.
(C) The nonprofit organization does not need to apply for renewal of the license as long as there are no changes in the operation or location of the game. Changes in information supplied on the original application must be forwarded to the department, in writing, within thirty days of the change. In the case of a change in the place and time, notice must be given thirty days before the change.
HISTORY: 1996 Act No. 431, Section 34.A; 1996 Act No. 449, Section 1; 2004 Act No. 172, Section 7, eff August 2, 2003; 2010 Act No. 263, Section 1, eff June 11, 2010.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.