There is a newer version of the South Carolina Code of Laws
2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
ARTICLE 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
Title 63 - South Carolina Children's Code
Chapter 15 - CHILD CUSTODY AND VISITATION
- Section 63-15-10 - "Tender Years Doctrine" abolished.
- Section 63-15-20 - Religious faith.
- Section 63-15-30 - Child's preference.
- Section 63-15-40 - Consideration of domestic violence.
- Section 63-15-50 - Domestic violence and visitation; payment for treatment.
- Section 63-15-60 - De facto custodian.
- Section 63-15-210 - Definitions.
- Section 63-15-220 - Parenting plans.
- Section 63-15-230 - Final custody determination; considerations.
- Section 63-15-240 - Contents of order for custody affecting rights and responsibilities of parents; best interests of the child.
- Section 63-15-250 - Telephonic and electronic communication between minor child and parents.
- Section 63-15-260 - Equal access to educational and medical records of child by parents.
- Section 63-15-300 - Citation.
- Section 63-15-304 - Exemption proceedings.
- Section 63-15-306 - Indian children proceedings exempt.
- Section 63-15-308 - Recognition of foreign country custody.
- Section 63-15-310 - Determinations binding.
- Section 63-15-312 - Jurisdiction issues take priority.
- Section 63-15-314 - Notice; proof of service; submission to jurisdiction.
- Section 63-15-316 - Immunity.
- Section 63-15-318 - Communication with out-of-state courts.
- Section 63-15-320 - Testimony of out-of-state witnesses.
- Section 63-15-322 - Request for hearing in another state; preservation of records.
- Section 63-15-330 - Basis for jurisdiction.
- Section 63-15-332 - Exclusive, continuing jurisdiction.
- Section 63-15-334 - Custody modification by another state.
- Section 63-15-336 - Temporary jurisdiction.
- Section 63-15-338 - Notice; obligation to join party and right to intervene.
- Section 63-15-340 - Stays of other proceedings.
- Section 63-15-342 - Inconvenient forum.
- Section 63-15-344 - Unjustifiable jurisdiction.
- Section 63-15-346 - Information regarding other proceedings.
- Section 63-15-348 - Persons requested to appear.
- Section 63-15-350 - Definitions.
- Section 63-15-352 - Enforcement under Hague Convention.
- Section 63-15-354 - Enforcing other states' orders.
- Section 63-15-356 - Visitation.
- Section 63-15-358 - Registration of out-of-state custody order.
- Section 63-15-360 - Enforcement of registered order.
- Section 63-15-362 - Modification pending out-of-state.
- Section 63-15-364 - Enforcement petition.
- Section 63-15-366 - Service of petition and order.
- Section 63-15-368 - Physical custody of child.
- Section 63-15-370 - Warrant to take physical custody.
- Section 63-15-372 - Costs.
- Section 63-15-374 - Full faith and credit.
- Section 63-15-376 - Appeals.
- Section 63-15-378 - Remedies.
- Section 63-15-380 - Assistance of law enforcement.
- Section 63-15-382 - Assessment of assistance costs.
- Section 63-15-390 - Uniformity of application.
- Section 63-15-392 - Severability.
- Section 63-15-394 - Applicability to prior proceedings.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.