2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 56 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 3 - MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND LICENSING
Section 56-3-350 - Grounds for refusing to register and license or transfer registration of vehicle.
The Department of Motor Vehicles shall refuse to register and license or transfer registration upon one or more of the following grounds:
(1) The application contains a false or fraudulent statement or the applicant has not furnished required information or reasonable additional information requested by the department.
(2) The vehicle is mechanically unfit or unsafe to be operated or moved upon the highways.
(3) The department has reasonable ground to believe the vehicle is stolen or the registration and licensing or transfer is a fraud against the rightful owner of the vehicle.
(4) The registration and license of the vehicle is canceled, suspended, or revoked as provided in this chapter or other motor vehicle laws of this State.
(5) The required fee has not been paid.
(6) For a vehicle purchased outside this State, satisfactory evidence of payment of the South Carolina use tax has not been presented.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 46-18; 1952 Code Section 46-18; 1949 (46) 342; 1969 (56) 444; 1993 Act No. 164, Part II, Section 22B.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.