2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 56 - Motor Vehicles
Section 56-3-2350 - Application for special registration for business of facilitating movement of vehicles from manufacturer to dealer or distributor, or movement for further construction of cabs or bodies, or for foreclosure or repossession of such motor vehicles; fees.

SC Code § 56-3-2350 (2012) What's This?

A person engaged in the business of limited operation of motor vehicles to facilitate the movement of vehicles from a manufacturer to a dealer or distributor, or from a railroad terminal yard to a temporary storage facility prior to delivery to a dealer, or for the movement of vehicles to further the construction of cabs or bodies, or in connection with the foreclosure or repossession of these motor vehicles may apply to the Department of Motor Vehicles for special registration to be issued to and used by the person upon the following conditions:

(1) The application must be in a form prescribed by the department to include the applicable liability insurance as prescribed by statute and filed with the department each year. The application must include the name and residence address of the applicant as follows:

(a) if an individual, the name under which he intends to conduct business;

(b) if a partnership, the name and residence address of each member of the partnership and the name under which the business is to be conducted;

(c) if a corporation, the name and company address of the corporation and the name and residence address of each of its officers.

(2) The application must be certified by the applicant and by an agent of the department to verify the facts set forth in the application.

(3) The annual fee for registration is fifty dollars, plus an annual fee of ten dollars for each license plate.

(4) License plates authorized by this section must not be used on vehicles that are loaned, rented, or leased by the licensed transporter to employees or any other individuals.

HISTORY: 1982 Act No. 371, Section 2; 1993 Act No. 164, Part II, Section 105C; 1994 Act No. 497, Part II, Section 37B; 1997 Act No. 155, Part II, Section 32A; 2004 Act No. 288, Section 2.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.