2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 56 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 3 - MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND LICENSING
Section 56-3-1330 - Suspension, cancellation or revocation of cards, plates and the like.
The Department of Motor Vehicles may suspend, cancel, or revoke the registration and license of a vehicle, or the registration card, license plate, revalidation sticker, or other document issued by the department as authorized under this chapter in any of the following events when the:
(1) department determines to its satisfaction that such registration and license, registration card, license plate, revalidation sticker, or other document was fraudulently or erroneously issued;
(2) department determines to its satisfaction that a registered and licensed vehicle is mechanically unsafe or unfit to be operated or moved upon a highway;
(3) vehicle registered and licensed has been dismantled or wrecked;
(4) department determines that the required fee has not been paid and is not paid upon reasonable notice and demand;
(5) registration card, license plate, revalidation sticker, or other document is knowingly displayed upon a vehicle other than the one for which it was issued;
(6) department determines to its satisfaction that the owner has committed any offense under this chapter involving such registration card, license plate, revalidation sticker, or other document;
(7) department is so authorized under any other provisions of law.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 46-81; 1952 Code Section 46-81; 1949 (46) 342; 1978 Act No. 421 Section 5; 1993 Act No. 181, Section 1369; 1996 Act No. 459, Section 147.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.