2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
ARTICLE 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
Title 56 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 11 - ROAD TAX ON MOTOR CARRIERS
- Section 56-11-10 - Definitions.
- Section 56-11-20 - Enforcement of motor carrier road tax provisions; International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA).
- Section 56-11-30 - Applicability of other laws to administration and enforcement of motor carrier road tax.
- Section 56-11-40 - Examination of motor carrier books and records.
- Section 56-11-50 - Effect of operation of motor carrier in violation of chapter.
- Section 56-11-60 - Penalties and interest under International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA).
- Section 56-11-210 - Requirement of registration card and vehicle identification marker.
- Section 56-11-220 - Temporary permit; requirements; Department of Motor Vehicles authority to promulgate regulations respecting temporary permits.
- Section 56-11-230 - Registration card and vehicle identification application forms.
- Section 56-11-240 - Form and content of registration card and vehicle identification marker.
- Section 56-11-250 - Biennial application for registration card and vehicle identification marker.
- Section 56-11-260 - Term of issuance of registration card and vehicle identification marker.
- Section 56-11-270 - Requirement of registration in vehicle operated in state; display of identification number.
- Section 56-11-280 - Suspension or revocation of registration card or vehicle identification identification number.
- Section 56-11-290 - Penalties.
- Section 56-11-410 - Imposition and calculation of tax; effect of other motor carrier taxes.
- Section 56-11-415 - Exemption for certain motor carriers.
- Section 56-11-420 - Calculation of tax as affected by reporting period; applicability of nationally recognized standards.
- Section 56-11-430 - Submission by motor carrier of quarterly operations reports to Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Section 56-11-440 - Payment of tax.
- Section 56-11-450 - Tax credit; refunds.
- Section 56-11-490 - Lien on vehicle for excise tax, penalty, and interest; legal costs.
- Section 56-11-500 - Use of revenue funds from tax, penalties, and interest; State Highway Fund.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.