2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 44 - Health
Chapter 29 - CONTAGIOUS AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- Section 44-29-10 - Reporting deaths from contagious or infectious diseases and chemical or other terrorism; increased prescription rates of drugs for diseases caused by chemical terrorism or infectious agents.
- Section 44-29-15 - Reporting requirements for laboratories testing for certain infectious or other diseases; civil penalty.
- Section 44-29-20 - Transportation and handling of human remains infected by dangerous, contagious, or infectious disease.
- Section 44-29-30 - Burying or burning of dead animals and poultry.
- Section 44-29-40 - Department of Health and Environmental Control shall have general supervision of vaccination, screening and immunization; statewide immunization registry.
- Section 44-29-50 - Violation of regulation relating to vaccination, screening or immunization.
- Section 44-29-60 - Sexually transmitted diseases declared dangerous to public health; infection of another with sexually transmitted disease.
- Section 44-29-70 - Reports of cases of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Section 44-29-80 - Laboratories shall report positive tests and cooperate in preventing spread of sexually transmitted disease.
- Section 44-29-90 - Examination, treatment and isolation of persons infected with venereal disease.
- Section 44-29-100 - Examination and treatment of prisoners for sexually transmitted disease; isolation and treatment after serving sentence.
- Section 44-29-110 - No discharge from confinement until cured of sexually transmitted disease; subsequent treatment.
- Section 44-29-115 - Procedure for isolation.
- Section 44-29-120 - Serological blood tests for pregnant women.
- Section 44-29-130 - Adoption of regulations pertaining to sexually transmitted disease.
- Section 44-29-135 - Confidentiality of sexually transmitted disease records.
- Section 44-29-136 - Court orders for disclosure of records for law enforcement purposes; confidentiality safeguards.
- Section 44-29-140 - Penalties pertaining to venereal disease.
- Section 44-29-145 - Penalty for exposing others to Human Immunodeficiency Virus.
- Section 44-29-146 - Physicians and state agencies exempt from liability for disclosure of persons carrying Human Immunodeficiency Virus; "contact" defined.
- Section 44-29-150 - Staff of schools and child care centers to be evaluated for tuberculosis before initial hiring.
- Section 44-29-160 - Health certificates for employees in schools and child care facilities.
- Section 44-29-170 - Form of certificate.
- Section 44-29-180 - School pupils and day care center children to be vaccinated or immunized; department to monitor immunization records of children in day care; exemptions and exclusions.
- Section 44-29-190 - Penalty for violation of Section 44-29-180.
- Section 44-29-195 - Head lice; prerequisites to return of student to school; voucher for treatment products.
- Section 44-29-200 - Attendance of teachers or pupils with contagious or infectious diseases may be prohibited.
- Section 44-29-210 - Physicians, licensed nurses and certain authorized public health employees participating in mass immunization projects exempt from liability; exceptions.
- Section 44-29-230 - Testing required when health care worker exposed to bloodborne disease.
- Section 44-29-240 - Protection of health care professionals rendering care; knowledge and disclosure of HIV or HBV status.
- Section 44-29-250 - Confidentiality of anonymous HIV test results; reporting requirements.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.