2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 44 - Health
Chapter 135 - THE ASBESTOS AND SILICA CLAIMS PROCEDURE ACT OF 2006
- Section 44-135-10 - Citation of act.
- Section 44-135-20 - Findings.
- Section 44-135-30 - Definitions.
- Section 44-135-40 - Pulmonary function testing; qualifications of evaluating physician.
- Section 44-135-50 - Prerequisites to bringing asbestos claim; medical and occupational and exposure reports; admissibility.
- Section 44-135-60 - Prerequisites to bringing silica claim; medical reports; admissibility.
- Section 44-135-70 - Service of reports on defendants.
- Section 44-135-80 - Procedure where claimant fails to provide prima facie evidence with complaint; expedited trial date for claimant with diagnosis of mesothelioma.
- Section 44-135-90 - Effect of bankruptcy.
- Section 44-135-100 - Effect of meeting procedural requirements of act on insurance eligibility or cost.
- Section 44-135-110 - Commencement of limitations period; separation of malignant and nonmalignant claims.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.