2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 37 - Consumer Protection Code
Chapter 20 - CONSUMER IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION
- Section 37-20-110 - Definitions.
- Section 37-20-120 - Verification of addresses.
- Section 37-20-130 - Initiating law enforcement investigation of identity theft.
- Section 37-20-140 - Reflection of innocence of identity theft victim of crime committed using name in court records of person convicted of committing identity theft; petition for expedited judicial determination of factual innocence.
- Section 37-20-150 - Records of individuals who have been victims of identity theft to be maintained by State Law Enforcement Division; submission of fingerprints and other required information by victims.
- Section 37-20-160 - Security freezes on consumer files; request for replacement personal identification number or password; consumer reporting agency duties and responsibilities; exceptions.
- Section 37-20-170 - Disputes as to accuracy of consumer records; penalties for wilful or negligent violations; attorney fees; civil damages and injunctive relief.
- Section 37-20-180 - Restrictions on publication and use of social security numbers; exceptions.
- Section 37-20-190 - Requirements for disposition of business records; exceptions.
- Section 37-20-200 - Penalties imposed on consumer credit-reporting agencies for violation of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.