2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
ARTICLE 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
Title 27 - Property and Conveyances
Chapter 31 - HORIZONTAL PROPERTY ACT
- Section 27-31-10 - Short title.
- Section 27-31-30 - Establishment of horizontal property regime.
- Section 27-31-50 - More than one person may own apartment.
- Section 27-31-60 - Property rights of apartment owner.
- Section 27-31-80 - Use of common elements.
- Section 27-31-100 - Master deed or lease; contents.
- Section 27-31-110 - Plot plan and building plan.
- Section 27-31-120 - Designation of apartments on plans; conveyance or lease of apartment.
- Section 27-31-130 - Waiver of regime and merger of apartment records with principal property.
- Section 27-31-140 - Merger as bar to subsequent horizontal property regime.
- Section 27-31-150 - Administration of property; bylaws.
- Section 27-31-160 - Provisions required in bylaws; modification of system of administration.
- Section 27-31-170 - Compliance with bylaws, rules, and regulations; remedy for noncompliance.
- Section 27-31-180 - Records of receipts and expenditures.
- Section 27-31-190 - Expenses shall be shared.
- Section 27-31-200 - Unpaid assessments; payment upon sale.
- Section 27-31-210 - Lien for unpaid assessments; right of mortgagee or purchaser acquiring title at foreclosure sale.
- Section 27-31-220 - Liability of purchaser of apartment.
- Section 27-31-230 - Liens arising subsequent to recording of master deed or lease.
- Section 27-31-240 - Insurance.
- Section 27-31-250 - Repair or reconstruction; vote of co-owners; application of insurance proceeds.
- Section 27-31-260 - Sharing expenses in case of fire or other disaster.
- Section 27-31-270 - Assessment and collection of taxes.
- Section 27-31-280 - Council of co-owner's right of access.
- Section 27-31-290 - Limitation on liability of co-owners for common expenses.
- Section 27-31-300 - Effect on contracts entered into before June 6, 1967.
- Section 27-31-410 - "Conversion of rental units to condominium ownership" defined.
- Section 27-31-420 - Rights and duties of owners, landlords, and tenants when rental units are converted to condominiums; notices; offers; vacation; phased conversions.
- Section 27-31-430 - Disclosure of physical condition of building.
- Section 27-31-440 - Abandoning conversion program.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.