There is a newer version of the South Carolina Code of Laws
2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
ARTICLE 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
Title 24 - Corrections, Jails, Probations, Paroles and Pardons
Chapter 5 - JAILS AND JAILERS
- Section 24-5-10 - Sheriff as custodian of jail; sheriff's liability for appointed jailer; receiving prisoners.
- Section 24-5-12 - Devolving certain duties concerning jails on governing body of county.
- Section 24-5-20 - Appointment of facility managers.
- Section 24-5-30 - Repealed by 2010 Act No. 237, Section 91, eff June 11, 2010.
- Section 24-5-50 - Keeping prisoners committed by coroner.
- Section 24-5-60 - Keeping prisoners committed by United States.
- Section 24-5-70 - Repealed by 2010 Act No. 237, Section 91, eff June 11, 2010.
- Section 24-5-80 - Governing body to furnish certain items and services to all persons confined in jail.
- Section 24-5-90 - Discrimination in treatment of prisoners.
- Section 24-5-100 - Repealed by 2010 Act No. 237, Section 91, eff June 11, 2010.
- Section 24-5-110 - Return to court of names of prisoners.
- Section 24-5-120 - Facility manager's annual report on condition of jail.
- Section 24-5-130 - Leaving jails unattended.
- Section 24-5-140 to 24-5-160 - Repealed by 2010 Act No. 237, Section 91, eff June 11, 2010.
- Section 24-5-170 - Removal of prisoners in case of destruction of jail.
- Section 24-5-200 - Short title.
- Section 24-5-210 - Mutual aid and assistance agreements between local detention facilities authorized.
- Section 24-5-220 - Mutual aid and assistance agreements.
- Section 24-5-230 - Construction of article.
- Section 24-5-300 - Definitions.
- Section 24-5-310 - Appointment of reserve detention officers; criminal and background inquiry; oath, bond, and training requirement.
- Section 24-5-320 - Pre-service training; comprehensive test.
- Section 24-5-330 - Physical competence and capability.
- Section 24-5-340 - Additional requirements.
- Section 24-5-350 - Duties of reserve detention officer; supervision.
- Section 24-5-360 - Additional training to become full-time jailer or detention officer.
- Section 24-5-370 - Reserve identification card for former full-time detention officers.
- Section 24-5-380 - Uniforms and equipment; handguns.
- Section 24-5-390 - Workers' Compensation benefits.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.