There is a newer version of the South Carolina Code of Laws
2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
ARTICLE 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
Title 24 - Corrections, Jails, Probations, Paroles and Pardons
Chapter 13 - PRISONERS GENERALLY
- Section 24-13-10 - Segregation of sexes.
- Section 24-13-20 - Sheriffs' duties with respect to arrest of escaped convicts; penalty.
- Section 24-13-30 - Use of force to maintain internal order and discipline and to prevent escape of inmates.
- Section 24-13-40 - Computation of time served by prisoners.
- Section 24-13-50 - Monthly reports required from municipal and county facility manager responsible for custody of convicted persons.
- Section 24-13-60 - Screening of offenders for possible placement on work release.
- Section 24-13-65 - Prisoners to be provided for litter control projects.
- Section 24-13-80 - Prisoners to pay for certain costs; definitions; criteria for deductions from inmates' accounts; reimbursement to inmates; recovery from estates of inmates.
- Section 24-13-100 - Definition of no parole offense; classification.
- Section 24-13-125 - Eligibility for work release; limitations; forfeiture of credits.
- Section 24-13-150 - Early release, discharge, and community supervision; limitations; forfeiture of credits.
- Section 24-13-175 - Calculation of sentence imposed and time served.
- Section 24-13-210 - Credit given inmates for good behavior.
- Section 24-13-220 - Time off for good behavior in cases of commuted or suspended sentences.
- Section 24-13-230 - Reduction of sentence for productive duty assignment or participation in academic, technical, or vocational training program.
- Section 24-13-235 - Voluntary program.
- Section 24-13-260 - Failure of officer having charge of inmate to allow deduction in time of serving sentence; penalty.
- Section 24-13-410 - Unlawful escape or possessing tools or weapons therefor; penalty.
- Section 24-13-420 - Unlawful escape; harboring or employing escaped convicts; penalty.
- Section 24-13-430 - Rioting or inciting to riot; penalty.
- Section 24-13-440 - Carrying or concealing weapon; penalty.
- Section 24-13-450 - Taking of hostages; penalty.
- Section 24-13-460 - Furnishing prisoners alcoholic beverages or narcotic drugs; penalty.
- Section 24-13-470 - Throwing of body fluids on correctional facility employees and certain others; penalty; blood borne disease testing.
- Section 24-13-640 - Statewide uniform for prisoners assigned to work details outside of correctional facilities.
- Section 24-13-650 - Prohibition against release of offender into community in which he committed violent crime; exception.
- Section 24-13-660 - Public service work performed by inmates.
- Section 24-13-710 - Implementation of supervised furlough program; search and seizure; fee; guidelines; eligibility criteria.
- Section 24-13-720 - Inmates who may be placed with program; search and seizure.
- Section 24-13-730 - Implementation of new programs and program changes subject to appropriations by General Assembly.
- Section 24-13-910 - Administration of work/punishment programs; eligible offenders.
- Section 24-13-915 - Meaning of "local detention facility".
- Section 24-13-920 - Removal of inmate from program for violation of program regulations.
- Section 24-13-930 - Surrender of inmates' earnings; amounts deductible.
- Section 24-13-940 - Contracts for service of sentences in custody of Department of Corrections or of other local detention facilities.
- Section 24-13-950 - Standards for operation of local inmate work programs.
- Section 24-13-1310 - Definitions.
- Section 24-13-1320 - Regulations; reports.
- Section 24-13-1330 - Court ordered participation; department evaluation and notification of unsuitability; inmate's agreement to terms and conditions; effect of completion; participation is a privilege.
- Section 24-13-1510 - Short title.
- Section 24-13-1520 - Definitions.
- Section 24-13-1530 - Home detention programs as alternative to incarceration; correctional programs for which it may be substituted; local programs.
- Section 24-13-1540 - Promulgation of regulations; approved absences from home.
- Section 24-13-1550 - Verification.
- Section 24-13-1560 - Use of electronic monitoring device.
- Section 24-13-1570 - Approval required for change in residence or schedule; notice that violation of detention is a crime; revocation; input of victim regarding eligibility for home detention.
- Section 24-13-1580 - Necessity of written consent to electronic home detention; other residents' knowledge.
- Section 24-13-1590 - Article not applicable to certain controlled substance offenders; probation and parole authority not diminished.
- Section 24-13-1910 - Centers for alcohol and drug rehabilitation established; construction and operation of, and responsibility for centers.
- Section 24-13-1920 - Program for alcohol and drug abuse intervention, prevention, and treatment services; funding.
- Section 24-13-1930 - Placement of certain offenders in center; report of availability of bed space.
- Section 24-13-1940 - Development of rules and regulations for operation of centers; funding and lease of building.
- Section 24-13-1950 - Probation after release from center; revocation of suspended sentence; gender not grounds for ineligibility for program.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.