2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 15 - OFFENSES AGAINST MORALITY AND DECENCY
Section 16-15-90 - Prostitution; lewdness, assignation and prostitution generally.
It shall be unlawful to:
(1) Engage in prostitution;
(2) Aid or abet prostitution knowingly;
(3) Procure or solicit for the purpose of prostitution;
(4) Expose indecently the private person for the purpose of prostitution or other indecency;
(5) Reside in, enter or remain in any place, structure, building, vehicle, trailer or conveyance for the purpose of lewdness, assignation or prostitution;
(6) Keep or set up a house of ill fame, brothel or bawdyhouse;
(7) Receive any person for purposes of lewdness, assignation or prostitution into any vehicle, conveyance, trailer, place, structure or building;
(8) Permit any person to remain for the purpose of lewdness, assignation or prostitution in any vehicle, conveyance, trailer, place, structure or building;
(9) Direct, take or transport, offer or agree to take or transport or aid or assist in transporting any person to any vehicle, conveyance, trailer, place, structure or building or to any other person with knowledge or having reasonable cause to believe that the purpose of such directing, taking or transporting is prostitution, lewdness or assignation;
(10) Lease or rent or contract to lease or rent any vehicle, conveyance, trailer, place, structure or building or part thereof believing or having reasonable cause to believe that it is intended to be used for any of the purposes herein prohibited; or
(11) Aid, abet, or participate knowingly in the doing of any of the acts herein prohibited.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-409; 1952 Code Section 16-409; 1942 (42) 1734.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.