2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 11 - OFFENSES AGAINST PROPERTY
ARTICLE 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Section 16-11-10 - "Dwelling house" defined in case of burglary, arson and other criminal offenses.
- Section 16-11-20 - Making, mending or possessing tools or other implements capable of being used in crime.
- Section 16-11-30 - Possession of master keys and nonowner key sets.
ARTICLE 3 ARSON AND OTHER OFFENSES INVOLVING FIRE
- Section 16-11-110 - Arson.
- Section 16-11-125 - Making false claim or statement in support of claim to obtain insurance benefits for fire or explosion loss.
- Section 16-11-130 - Burning personal property to defraud insurer.
- Section 16-11-140 - Burning of crops, fuel or lumber.
- Section 16-11-150 - Burning lands of another without consent.
- Section 16-11-160 - Carrying fire on lands of another without permit.
- Section 16-11-170 - Wilfully burning lands of another.
- Section 16-11-180 - Negligently allowing fire to spread to lands or property of another.
- Section 16-11-190 - Attempts to burn.
- Section 16-11-200 - Placing or distributing combustible materials and the like in buildings and property as constituting attempt.
ARTICLE 5 BURGLARY, HOUSEBREAKING, ROBBERY AND THE LIKE
- Section 16-11-310 - Definitions.
- Section 16-11-311 - Burglary; first degree.
- Section 16-11-312 - Burglary; second degree.
- Section 16-11-313 - Burglary; third degree.
- Section 16-11-325 - Common law robbery classified as felony; penalty.
- Section 16-11-330 - Robbery and attempted robbery while armed with deadly weapon.
- Section 16-11-340 - Required placards in retail establishments as to consequences of conviction of armed robbery.
- Section 16-11-345 - Cardboard placards.
- Section 16-11-350 - Train robbery by stopping train.
- Section 16-11-360 - Robbery after entry upon train.
- Section 16-11-370 - Robbery of operators of motor vehicles for hire.
- Section 16-11-380 - Entering bank, depository or building and loan association with intent to steal; theft or solicitation of person using automated teller machine.
- Section 16-11-390 - Safecracking.
ARTICLE 6 PROTECTION OF PERSONS AND PROPERTY
- Section 16-11-410 - Citation of article.
- Section 16-11-420 - Intent and findings of General Assembly.
- Section 16-11-430 - Definitions.
- Section 16-11-440 - Presumption of reasonable fear of imminent peril when using deadly force against another unlawfully entering residence, occupied vehicle or place of business.
- Section 16-11-450 - Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil actions; law enforcement officer exception; costs.
ARTICLE 7 TRESPASSES AND UNLAWFUL USE OF PROPERTY OF OTHERS
- Section 16-11-510 - Malicious injury to animals and other personal property.
- Section 16-11-520 - Malicious injury to tree, house, outside fence, or fixture; trespass upon real property.
- Section 16-11-523 - Obtaining nonferrous metals unlawfully; disruption of communication or electrical service.
- Section 16-11-525 - Commissioners deemed owners of Housing Authority property for certain purposes; exemption from liability.
- Section 16-11-530 - Malicious injury to real property; school trustees deemed owners of school property.
- Section 16-11-535 - Malicious injury to place of worship.
- Section 16-11-560 - Burning or cutting untenanted or unfinished buildings.
- Section 16-11-570 - Injury or destruction of buildings or crops by tenant.
- Section 16-11-580 - Cutting, removing, or transporting forest products without consent of landowner; fraudulently acquiring forest products; penalties.
- Section 16-11-590 - Destruction of sea oat or Venus's flytrap plants.
- Section 16-11-600 - Entry on another's pasture or other lands after notice; posting notice.
- Section 16-11-610 - Entry on another's lands for various purposes without permission.
- Section 16-11-615 - Payment of treble damages; discharge from further penalty.
- Section 16-11-617 - Entry on another's land for purpose of cultivating marijuana.
- Section 16-11-620 - Entering premises after warning or refusing to leave on request; jurisdiction and enforcement.
- Section 16-11-630 - Refusing to leave certain public premises during hours when they are regularly closed.
- Section 16-11-640 - Unlawful entry into enclosed places.
- Section 16-11-650 - Removing, destroying or leaving down fences; penalties; magistrate court jurisdiction; easement holder's rights.
- Section 16-11-660 - Traveling outside of road on cultivated lands.
- Section 16-11-670 - Pleading satisfaction in prosecutions under Sections 16-11-650 and 16-11-660.
- Section 16-11-680 - Altering and removing landmarks.
- Section 16-11-690 - Failure to return boat, flat or tool used for mining phosphate.
- Section 16-11-700 - Dumping litter on private or public property prohibited; exceptions; responsibility for removal; penalties.
- Section 16-11-710 - Acceptance of cash bond in lieu of immediate court appearance in litter control prosecutions.
- Section 16-11-720 - Dumping trash in or along shoreline of Lake Greenwood; penalties.
- Section 16-11-725 - Rummaging through or stealing household garbage for purposes of committing identity theft; penalty; exception for officers of the law.
- Section 16-11-730 - Malicious injury to or interference with microwave radio or television facilities; unauthorized use of such facilities.
- Section 16-11-740 - Malicious injury to telegraph, telephone or electric utility system.
- Section 16-11-750 - Unlawful injury or interference with electric lines.
- Section 16-11-755 - Operation of certain motor vehicles on utility rights of way unlawful; penalties.
- Section 16-11-760 - Parking on private property without permission; removal of vehicles; lien for towing and storage; sale of vehicles; penalty for violation.
- Section 16-11-770 - Illegal graffiti vandalism; penalty; removal or restitution.
- Section 16-11-780 - Prohibition on entering certain lands to discover, uncover, move, remove, or attempt to remove archaeological resource; definitions; penalty; exception.
ARTICLE 8 THEFT OF CABLE TELEVISION SERVICE
- Section 16-11-810 - Short title.
- Section 16-11-815 - Definitions.
- Section 16-11-820 - Use of service without authorization or payment; presumption arising from connection of device to cable or closed circuit system.
- Section 16-11-825 - Unauthorized connection or use of device to cable television system.
- Section 16-11-830 - Aiding or abetting another person in obtaining cable service without payment therefor.
- Section 16-11-835 - Sale, lease, or advertising of equipment for avoidance of cable service charge.
- Section 16-11-840 - Unauthorized device designed to decode or descramble cable television signal.
- Section 16-11-845 - Use, sale, or installation of converter for unauthorized reception of intelligible signals.
- Section 16-11-850 - Receipt of signals from air by use of satellite dish or antenna.
- Section 16-11-855 - Penalties.
ARTICLE 9 BOOTLEG AND COUNTERFEIT RECORDS, TAPES, AND RECORDINGS
- Section 16-11-910 - Prohibitions relative to sound recordings; application of section.
- Section 16-11-911 - Definitions; unlawful recording of motion pictures.
- Section 16-11-915 - Prohibitions relative to live performances; persons considered proper witnesses; application of section.
- Section 16-11-920 - Penalties.
- Section 16-11-930 - Illegal distribution of recordings without name and address of manufacturer and designation of featured artist.
- Section 16-11-940 - Penalties for violations of Section 16-11-930.
- Section 16-11-950 - Exceptions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.