2012 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 15 - Civil Remedies and Procedures
Chapter 39 - EXECUTIONS AND JUDICIAL SALES GENERALLY
ARTICLE 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Section 15-39-10 - Kinds of execution.
- Section 15-39-20 - Executions of course within ten years.
- Section 15-39-30 - Issuance of executions; effective period.
- Section 15-39-40 - Counties to which execution may be issued.
- Section 15-39-50 - Execution against the person.
- Section 15-39-60 - Execution against married woman.
- Section 15-39-70 - Executions may be taken out by administrators de bonis non.
- Section 15-39-80 - Contents of executions.
- Section 15-39-90 - Executions on judgments of inferior courts.
- Section 15-39-100 - Execution constitutes no lien on personal property prior to levy.
- Section 15-39-110 - Sheriff may break into house in certain cases.
- Section 15-39-120 - Sheriff to keep memorandum of levy; schedule.
- Section 15-39-130 - Returns.
- Section 15-39-140 - Failure or neglect to make return.
- Section 15-39-150 - Sheriff must give notice of money collected.
ARTICLE 3 DISCOVERY; ARREST; GARNISHMENT; RECEIVERS AND THE LIKE
- Section 15-39-310 - Order for discovery of property.
- Section 15-39-320 - Arrest in lieu of discovery order.
- Section 15-39-330 - Examination of witnesses and debtor.
- Section 15-39-340 - Debtor of execution debtor may pay debt to sheriff.
- Section 15-39-350 - Examination of debtors of judgment debtor.
- Section 15-39-360 - Proceedings against joint debtors.
- Section 15-39-370 - Witnesses may be required to testify.
- Section 15-39-380 - Compelling party or witnesses to attend.
- Section 15-39-390 - Master shall certify examination to judge.
- Section 15-39-400 - Examinations and answers shall be under oath.
- Section 15-39-410 - Property which may be ordered to be applied to execution.
- Section 15-39-420 - Withholding of wages pursuant to foreign garnishment proceeding prohibited under certain circumstances.
- Section 15-39-430 - Judge may appoint receiver.
- Section 15-39-440 - Prohibition of transfer or of interference with property.
- Section 15-39-450 - Filing and effect of order appointing receiver.
- Section 15-39-460 - Proceedings on claims of others to property or on denial of indebtedness.
- Section 15-39-480 - Costs of proceeding.
- Section 15-39-490 - Punishment for contempt.
ARTICLE 5 JUDICIAL SALES GENERALLY
- Section 15-39-610 - Property taken under execution shall be sold.
- Section 15-39-620 - Estates held in trust may be sold.
- Section 15-39-630 - Where and by whom sales made.
- Section 15-39-635 - Judicial sales by referees.
- Section 15-39-640 - Sheriff shall make judicial sales; fees.
- Section 15-39-650 - Sheriff shall advertise sale of property.
- Section 15-39-660 - Contents of advertisement of sale; manner of publication.
- Section 15-39-680 - Judicial sale days.
- Section 15-39-690 - Hours of sale.
- Section 15-39-700 - Place of sales.
- Section 15-39-710 - Sheriff's execution sales shall be for cash; resale.
- Section 15-39-720 - Upset bids within thirty days on foreclosure or execution sale.
- Section 15-39-730 - Upset bids in other judicial sales.
- Section 15-39-740 - Deposits by bidders.
- Section 15-39-750 - Return of deposit when bid raised.
- Section 15-39-760 - Provisions of Sections 15-39-720 to 15-39-750 inapplicable to certain foreclosure suits.
- Section 15-39-770 - Compensation of officer making sale of real estate.
- Section 15-39-780 - Sale by debtor of property subject to levy and sale; proceeds shall be paid over to sheriff.
- Section 15-39-790 - Sale by debtor of property subject to levy and sale; confirmation of sale and deed.
- Section 15-39-800 - Sale by debtor of property subject to levy and sale; proceedings if judgment creditors object to sale.
- Section 15-39-810 - Sale by debtor of property subject to levy and sale; endorsement on conveyance in case of objection.
- Section 15-39-820 - Sale by debtor of property subject to levy and sale; proceedings when sale by sheriff brings more.
- Section 15-39-830 - Conveyance after sale.
- Section 15-39-840 - Conveyances of real estate sold under execution.
- Section 15-39-850 - Successors of selling officers may make title.
- Section 15-39-860 - Recording and indexing of execution conveyances.
- Section 15-39-870 - Judicial sales shall be res judicata as to innocent purchasers, even without confirmation.
- Section 15-39-880 - Certain liens extinguished by sale when lien creditor is a party to proceeding.
- Section 15-39-890 - Reacquisition of property by lien debtor.
- Section 15-39-900 - Proceeds paid to prior judgment lienor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.