2020 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 17 - Elections
Chapter 17-14 Nomination of Party and Independent Candidates
- Section 17-14-1 Declarations of candidacy.
- Section 17-14-1.1 Party affiliation.
- Section 17-14-1.2 Candidate required to be a qualified voter in the election.
- Section 17-14-2 Candidate required to be a qualified voter in the primary.
- Section 17-14-2.1 Party candidates not eligible for independent nomination and independent candidates not eligible for party nomination.
- Section 17-14-3 Repealed.
- Section 17-14-4 Preparation of nomination papers for candidates - Combination of endorsed candidates - Furnishing of nomination papers to candidates.
- Section 17-14-4.1 Party committees - Nomination papers unnecessary.
- Section 17-14-5 Repealed.
- Section 17-14-6 Statement at head of nomination papers.
- Section 17-14-7 Number of signers required for nomination papers.
- Section 17-14-8 Signing of nomination papers.
- Section 17-14-9 Number of papers signed by same voter.
- Section 17-14-10 Affidavit of person obtaining signatures.
- Section 17-14-11 Checking and certification of nomination papers - Challenge.
- Section 17-14-12 Filing of nomination papers.
- Section 17-14-12.1 Certification by local boards.
- Section 17-14-13 Objections to eligibility of candidate or sufficiency of papers.
- Section 17-14-14 Hearings on objections - Witnesses - Notice.
- Section 17-14-15 Withdrawal of candidacy.
- Section 17-14-16 Certification of names of candidates to secretary of state.
- Section 17-14-17 Replacement of deceased endorsed candidate.
- Section 17-14-17.1 Repealed.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.