2019 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 34 - Property
Chapter 34-10 Fences
- Section 34-10-1 Lawful fences defined.
- Section 34-10-2 Consent of adjoining owner to barbed-wire fence.
- Section 34-10-3 Removal of barbed-wire fence.
- Section 34-10-4 Expense of removal of barbed-wire fence.
- Section 34-10-5 Barbed-wire fences through woodland - Fences existing before 1906.
- Section 34-10-6 Maintenance of water fences.
- Section 34-10-7 Marshland exempt.
- Section 34-10-8 Remedies of marshland owner to trespass.
- Section 34-10-9 Placement of partition fences - Maintenance throughout year.
- Section 34-10-10 Partition fences between lands under improvement.
- Section 34-10-11 Partition fences between improved and unimproved lands.
- Section 34-10-12 Payment for previously constructed fence.
- Section 34-10-13 Viewing and division of fence - Award of cost.
- Section 34-10-14 Holding and improving partition fences - Agreements between owners.
- Section 34-10-15 Complaint of neglect to maintain fence.
- Section 34-10-16 Construction or repair of fence by complainant - Action for cost and penalties.
- Section 34-10-17 Settlement of controversies by viewer.
- Section 34-10-18 Viewer's fees.
- Section 34-10-19 Neglect of duty by viewer.
- Section 34-10-20 Spite fences.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.