2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 8 - Courts and Civil Procedure–Courts
Chapter 8-4 - Clerks of Supreme and Superior Courts
- Section 8-4-1 - Clerk of supreme court.
- Section 8-4-2 - Appointment and term of supreme court clerk.
- Section 8-4-3 - Vacancy in office of clerk.
- Section 8-4-3.1 - Repealed.
- Section 8-4-4 - Clerks of superior court.
- Section 8-4-4.1 - Retirement of superior court clerks as clerks emeritus.
- Section 8-4-5 - Appointment, terms, and salaries of superior court clerks.
- Section 8-4-6 - Vacancies in office of superior court clerk.
- Section 8-4-7 - Repealed.
- Section 8-4-8 - General duties of clerks.
- Section 8-4-9 - Duty to recite pleadings in record of judgment.
- Section 8-4-10 - Indexing of judgment records.
- Section 8-4-11 - Repealed.
- Section 8-4-12 - Appointment of clerk pro tempore.
- Section 8-4-13 - Qualification and compensation of clerk pro tempore.
- Section 8-4-14 - Appointment of deputies.
- Section 8-4-15 - Removal of deputies - Compensation - Liability for misconduct or neglect.
- Section 8-4-16 - Assistant supreme court clerks.
- Section 8-4-17 - Appointment of assistant superior court clerks - Employment of clerical assistance by the presiding justice.
- Section 8-4-18 - Powers of assistants in Providence and Bristol counties.
- Section 8-4-19 - Employment of clerical assistants in Kent, Washington, and Newport counties.
- Section 8-4-20 - Custody of files and records.
- Section 8-4-21 - General assistant clerks.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Rhode Island may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.