2017 Rhode Island General Laws
Title 4 - Animals and Animal Husbandry
Chapter 4-8 - Milk Gathering Stations
Section 4-8-14 - Grounds for denial or revocation of license.
§ 4-8-14. Grounds for denial or revocation of license.
The director of environmental management may decline to grant a license or may revoke a license already granted when he or she is satisfied of the existence of the following cases or either of them:
(1) Where a money judgment has been secured by any milk producer and has been entered against the applicant or licensee and remains unsatisfied of record.
(2) Where there has been a failure to make prompt settlements to persons from whom the applicant buys milk, with intent to defraud.
(3) Where there have been combinations to fix prices.
(4) Where there has been a continual course of dealing of such nature as to satisfy the director of the inability of the applicant or licensee to properly conduct the business or of an intent to deceive or defraud customers.
(5) Where there has been a continued and persistent failure to keep records, required by the director, in accordance with this chapter.
History of Section.
(P.L. 1918, ch. 1656, § 9; G.L. 1923, ch. 204, § 9; G.L. 1938, ch. 218, § 9; impl. am. P.L. 1939, ch. 660, § 160; G.L. 1956, § 4-8-14.)